1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

National Taxidermists Association Convention 2008

Discussion in 'Convention Information' started by Ken Edwards, Jul 23, 2007.

1. Joe Winsor

Joe Winsor Active Member

Re: Pics from the NTA show

Ken was like a rabbit running around that place. I finally cornered him in the hallway when he apparently couldn't find anything to take a pic of. Then he snapped one of me ;D

It was also nice talking to you oldshaver.

2. Re: Pics from the NTA show

Great pictures and awesome work everyone.

Congrats to everyone!!

3. Re: Some of my NTA pictures...

Nice pitcures,Looks a lot of nice woork.I am geting started now with deer mount for next year.Iwill be there

4. Russ of V.O.W.T

Russ of V.O.W.T my Ken Edwards moment

Aubrey, i must admit i was a bit apprehensive about approaching you, but you told me to look you up, before i knew what you looked like i had assumed by your name you were an old bitter man with nothing better to do ;D I agree, had i known you prior to our arguements on here i would have conducted myself totally different in the past. As i said it was a pleasure to sit and visit with the many people i have met on here. Well gotta go play mr. mom, its dinner time, i am thinking i will cook mcdonalds tonight for the kids ;D

5. Joe Winsor

Joe Winsor Active Member

Aubrey, Russ-
    Sometimes electronic communication isn't the best way. It's easy to take someone out of context and often people are easily ticked off or hurt because the misconstrued the message. My last commander told everyone in the unit to keep emails to two lines if possible and that it was always better to pick up the phone so that the message stays tactful.
    Joe

6. Re: Pics from the NTA show

Old and ornery describes Aubrey better than Old and bitter, Russ. I know I worked with him for 12 years. But he wouldn't hurt a sole, though. Unless he sat on ya. :D Aubrey you are a good guy, even if you do carry bullets through the airport.

7. EJ

EJ Proud Member of: Unaffiliated, Free Agent

;D ;D ;DGive Me back my Bullet! ;D ;D ;D

8. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

I have found that true in most cases

9. Russ of V.O.W.T

Russ of V.O.W.T my Ken Edwards moment

All i am saying is that it was a pleasure to sit in the lounge and visit with Aubrey that night, even if he did have to get up every few minutes to talk on his phone about his dog ;D Aubrey, is that dog ok after drinkin that bleach water?

10. Re: Some of my NTA pictures...

Tracy Jacobsen from Orem,Utah mounted the lifesize mule deer. This entry won National Champion Large Mammal Lifesize.

11. Re: Some of my NTA pictures...

Man I hope I can go next year. Josh

12. Re: Pics from the NTA show

If more of the online characters would get out and meet people face to face, I think the forum would be a much better place to visit. It is all to easy to tickle the keyboards and hit post. The words can't be retrieved at that point.

13. Treva

Treva I praise God for the Love of my life Doug

love all the pics Thanks Treva

14. Treva

Treva I praise God for the Love of my life Doug

Re: Some of my NTA pictures...

love the pics. I really like it when everyone shares their pics with us that didn't get to go. AWESOME. Thanks again Treva

15. Jon S

Jon S Well-Known Member

GREAT mounts there.

16. Re: Some of my NTA pictures...

Thanks for the pictures Nickie, and congrates to all the winner's

JW

17. Re: Pics from the NTA show

I don't see how you people can nick name Miss Evelyn Piggy...Do you see the arms on that gal, I would be afraid of a good old fassion A$$ woopin.LOL Thanks for the photo's and congrats to all the winners. I sure wish I could have been there.

JW

18. Bill4bass

Bill4bass New Member

Nickie,
    Congrats on winning the Surry Taxidermy Mini Course Best of Category Whitetail. Also for the pic in the new Breakthrough. Just got mine today. What an honor!!!!!