1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Throat cut

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by gary04, Nov 1, 2016.

1. Had a person bring me in a white tail cape and he cut the throat. I sewed it up but not happy the way it looks so I undone the sewing any help. In the cut area is about 5 inches long and some hair appears to be missing . Thanks for anyhelp I appreciate it alot.

2. Write thing down on the invoice so the client knows it's in wtiting, and you did the best you could,, it's his fault if a scar shows

3. IMNTM

IMNTM Southern Wildlife Art Taxidermy

I assume cape replacement wasn't an option. So, insure that you have the skin thinned near the edges so that it wont bunch or pucker after sewing. Inspect the hair line & trim if needed to insure that there are no cut or missing hairs. Carefully line up the skin edges & line up the hair patterns. Sew it up with a fine thread. Be sure & keep the hair out of the stitches & keep them tight & close together (1/16"). It should hide/cover up nicely. I tap down my seems before & after mounting to be sure it lays as flat as possible. It may also require gelling & screening while drying. Hope this helps you some.

4. Thank you for the help I appreciate it