1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

good elk forms

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by elkin44, Nov 2, 2016.

1. elkin44

elkin44 New Member

Hey guys, I mount mostly eastern whitetails, but had a couple of customers that had a good elk hunt and brought in 2 big elk. This is to the guys who mount alot of elk......which supplier and which pose do get the best results in you opion. I know it is person by person but I just am looking for general comments on acuracy and pose. There is getting to be more options and suppliers I just do not do to many bull elk.

Thanks.

2. buckman170

buckman170 Member

Aaron Connelly forms are awesome!

3. cmpwildlife

cmpwildlife New Member

I really like Bill Lancaster's Elk from Research Mannikins. Best to buy from suppliers who's sculptors live where the animals are. I know he's in Elk country. All his forms are very accurate and come together nicely.

4. We suggest using the McKenzie SEMI SNEAK forms which make a very nice mount.
    Buzzi

5. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

I have used just about every suppliers elk forms over the years. I found the face of Bill's elk forms are too thin and needle nosed for the Roosevelt's elk we have on the Oregon coast. I always had to add thickness to the muzzle. For rocky mountain elk, That's are a different story, somewhat. I have an elk to do and Aaron Connelly"s forms from headquarters will be my choice. They really do look like they will give you the best accuracy for "the look".