1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Shipping mounts outside of US

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by Glass eye, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Glass eye

Glass eye Active Member

I have never shipped taxidermy outside of the US and I have a potential buyer of a peacock wanting me to ship to Finland. Anyone have any experience with shipping outside US ? My concern is the import laws and quarantine rules of foreign countries.

IUNGO Export Services likes this.
  2. It is the biggest pain in the ass I have done!! I have a bobcat mount that is going to the Netherlends and It has been sitting for a year waiting on paperwork. The permits were obtained too early and expired both on this side and the other and it is something I will not do again! Then ,it is for an older family friend who has always been catered to his whole life and is a royal pain in the ass. It is one of the things that reenforced my decision to close my business and retire this year! And if you have to build a crate, it has to be completely pressed plywood with no regular 2by4's or any other regular wood and if it is on a limb,that has to have a certificate from a special exterminator that it has been fumigated and bug free. You then have to send it to a broker and pay those fees along with a International shipping fee. The bobcat that I have will cost around 1500 US or more for shipping and handling plus 600US for the crate. I hope this helps with your decision!

3. ljones

ljones 1994 wasco award winner

I shipped 6 wt mounts to Sweden a couple years ago and it went fairly smooth... You will need to buy a export permit .. I contacted John Meehan at fauna flora and he handled everything else even having a freight company pick up the crate from my shop and delivering it to fauna flora where they arranged shipping to Sweden... Clients wired money to my bank for my charges then they payed fauna flora for there charges

4. Hello, I know this is an old post, however, It might help you for future reference.
    IUNGO Trophy Consulting Services specializes in exporting hunting trophies to any country in the world. Should you require future assistance in exporting trophies for your clients, you can email us at [email protected] or visit our website at www.iungo-tcs.com for more information.
    Thank you!