1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

8900 Wall Pedestal Pictures?

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by jhunter13, Nov 12, 2016.

1. jhunter13

jhunter13 Member

Good Evening Everyone,

I am considering mounting a personal deer on the 8900 wall pedestal - it looks great on a pedestal with some habitat, but I am not sure how it would look mounted on the wall. Does anyone have any pictures they would be willing share?

Thanks

Jon

2. WW

WW New Member

Here's a couple I've done.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Obviously these aren't "on the wall" but the pics are from the perspective that they are on the wall.

3. jhunter13

jhunter13 Member

Thanks WW. Nice looking mounts

4. bwilke

bwilke Member

One i did a couple years ago

Attached Files:

5. [​IMG]

This was before finish work

6. jhunter13

jhunter13 Member

Bwilke thanks for sharing looks great. DogSoldierChick- love how clean that mount is. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

7. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

I can't stand that form. I've never mounted on it (and probably won't), but seeing pictures of it I am not at all a fan. All of that being said,
    DogSoldierChick, that is pretty nice.

8. Dont like them eithet! Only mountd one , it looks like it has a wing up top and the neck bulges just to much on the outside turn. But all this is just an opinion.

9. Steven Klee

Steven Klee Steven Klee Studios

I am not a fan either. Will never mount on it, especially when there are so many " more pleasing " forms on the market. Jmho as well. :)

10. jhunter13

jhunter13 Member

Thanks for the input. I am still very new at this, and looking for a eye catching form for a display peice. From what I've seen, a lot of customers want something no one else has, and in my area, no one has anything like this form. If I mounted it I would have to soften up the shape of top/back and smooth out the bulge on the neck.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

11. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    Fairly easy mods to make it more appealing, remember, the form is just the foundation, to build off of. I say if you like it, go for it. Some of us, myself included at times, are quick to give opinions, even if not asked.

12. Thanks for the compliments. I like the forms eye catching pose. 'My customers love it. I see faults in it but I see them in all forms.

13. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

I've never found it eye catching, until I saw your pic. Good job.

14. Paul B

Paul B Active Member

What I find eye catching is the customer wanting it and I get a $100 more and get a habitat plus. Its different along with the Joe Coombs wall ped in that style. Everyone has a left, right, upright, semi sneak etc.

15. Thanks so much for the compliments. I've still got a lot to learn. I love your work Cole as well as others so it means a lot.
    I agree the hard turn and is what I think makes it eye catching and to me eye catching is anything other than the norm. I do feel the neck bulge is a bit much.

16. Short hair verse long hair.
    Not sure why Behn flipped the rear up like a whale tail spoiler on an older porsche'

While clean out a freezer yesterday I can across a nice shorter hair deer and saw this post I think I am goign to give one a try, just wish MCKenzie forms were not hard as a cement floor.

17. Your exactly right. That was a perfect really early season cape....

18. armedic67

armedic67 New Member

I only do taxidermy part time and have always wanted to do one on this form. Its not an easy form, I modified the back a little. I would recommend going one size smaller. I went exact measurements and had a rough time. Trying to resize to post a pic .

19. I do quite a few of them every year, I charge $150 extra and its not really much more work. I agree its not the best form on the market, but customers love it. Half of them bring in their McKenzie catalog and ask for it

Attached Files:

20. armedic67

armedic67 New Member

Think I got the resize done.

Attached Files: