1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Paperless Permit

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by DL, Nov 15, 2016.

1. DL

DL Well-Known Member

I get tired of business's wanting to give a paperless receipt to save trees. Can you imagine going to the IRS and saying all my receipts are on my computer? I just spent $100. to renew my usfw migratory permit and they send me a pdf file to save a tree. Now I have to print it out. As far as I'm concerned everyone should not be allowed to go paperless. Getting rid of paper just gets rid of jobs and we can recycle paper.
    Here in Ca when I maintained a fleet I had to keep a copy of the MSDS on every thing that had any type of chemical in it. Even white out for correcting errors on paper. I would be audited every year on junk like that. I should have told them I've gone paperless just look it up on the computer.
    My rant for the day

2. Keith

Keith Well-Known Member

When your computer crashes your SOL.

There are trees specifically grown for paper. It is an industry. Like you said, this mentality affects jobs.

3. Not saving any tree, that is why the south has billions of long leaf pines, to make paper with. Imagine if you will a world without TOILET PAPER. There are nearly 750 million acres of forests in the U.S for paper

4. GregJ

GregJ Active Member

DL, Everything is going paperless and there's usually no need to print it. Just store it as a pdf. All the MSDS's at the company I work for are stored electronically. No need for a hard copy. The hunting permits in my state can be issued electronically and stored on your phone - no need for a hard copy. Boarding passes - electronic. Heck now you don't even need a credit card. Just wave your phone and paid for. It drives me nuts sometimes but other times I like it.

And Keith is right of course. When the systems crash it really messes things up bad and makes you long for good old fashioned paper.

5. Paper comes from tree plantations. And when we save paper we put people out of work that plant and grow trees for paper products. I never did fall for the save a tree ad. There are lots of paper plantation land in my area that has been sold off and a processing plant shut down to save a tree.

6. DL

DL Well-Known Member

I was finally able to get it printed by emailing it to my wife's business and her printing it there. She put it on the table next to the bed. The next morning I found shredded paper from my cat. I wonder if that will work if a USFW guy ever shows up? My cat ate it.