1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Black tail head project...advice?

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Gurneyjockey, Nov 22, 2016.

1. Gurneyjockey

Gurneyjockey Member

I figured I'd ask for some advice before I destroy another sculpted head. I made another blacktail head last year a little larger than this one, that in the end turned out well but I think I took the tough route getting there. I'm almost finished up with the sculpting, just need to refine it down a bit and do a little more tweaking. I was just curious if anyone had any suggestions on materials and tequniques from here forward. I had issues last time with sealing the clay, and getting a clean mold that picked up good detail...I'm not very well versed with fiberglass. I ended up last time doing a lot of clean up to the fiberglass mold to make a nice finished head. Anyways, any advice will be greatly appreciated.
    [​IMG]

2. NMJagdHunter

NMJagdHunter Ted Wenner

http://www.taxidermy.net/forum/index.php/topic,404057.0.html

Posted my experience with composite lay up in molding and casting recently. There might be something of use in there for you.

I have done change out heads in silicone, with a foam mother in a bucket, super easy, and the detail is great.

3. Gurneyjockey

Gurneyjockey Member

Thank you Ted, good stuff