1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Ear Liners

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by Smittee, Nov 27, 2016.

1. Smittee

Smittee Member

I would like to know what most people use or suggest as far as earliners for whitetails. Also do you use earliners with ear butts. Thanks for your help.

2. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

I have recently began to use "celastic" fabric earliners and clay butts after years of using plasic earliners with the plastic butts. Before that it was plastic earliners and clay butts and before that it was Bondo earliners and clay butts. They all have their pro's and con's.

3. verne

verne Well-Known Member

Ohio tax suply 360 pink ; for wt's. ;D

4. tazzymoto

tazzymoto Well-Known Member

Ear liners with cast ear butts for me

5. stokedlight86

stokedlight86 Member

The last cpl whitetails I've worked on and the boar mount I am working on now I have used the celastic liners with clay butts. I like the clay ear butts becasue i lilke to rotate the ears once they're on and the clay lets me add some of the wrinkles in the back and some detail. The only thing about the celastic liners is sometimes I have a little trouble gettign the glues to stay on them and get a nice tight hold on the ear skin. a little super glue helps.

6. Dave Byrd

Dave Byrd Active Member

I use Bondo for the ears and clay the ear butts.

7. Marvtaxidermy

Marvtaxidermy Member

Used to use the plastic ear liners, but after watching video from Archie Phillips with Don Stevens tried the bondo method, push to all area of back of ears and then roll a 1 in pvc all over it to thin it out then shape ears as desired then ears look great. So much easier will never use ear liners again. Also clay for the ear buts.

8. DDavis

DDavis Active Member

use the 360 plastic ear liner and you can use the plastic ear butts for what ever way you want the ears forward , back , etc.

9. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

I'm with verne and DDavis.

10. I also use Ohio 360 pink ones!