1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Scoring whitetail antlers question?

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by IAtaxi, Nov 30, 2016.

1. IAtaxi

IAtaxi Member

OK someone needs to end this dispute for me. When scoring tine length, do you score from tip to imaginary line across the top of the main beam or a imaginary line through the middle of the main beam. Hope this makes sense. I need snap chat so I can draw on photos.

2. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

[​IMG]

3. Nathan

Nathan Active Member

Using the outdoor television method, grip it with your hand, if it sticks out the top more than an inch or two, the tine is 10-12 inches long.

4. IAtaxi

IAtaxi Member

Thank's Cole that's how I've been doing it. Several people have told me else wise.

5. I swear some guys must take the tape from the tip of the tine down around the beam and back to the tip. lol

Bruce

6. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

I bought the measuring book from Boone and Crocket just to end the argument before it starts. It has instructions on how to measure all the animals that do records for.

7. spurhunter

spurhunter Active Member

SC
    B&C has an online calculator feature. Just click the animal you want to score and enter the measurements.

http://www.boone-crockett.org/bgRecords/ScoringYourTrophy.asp?area=bgRecords&ID=416327E9&se=1

8. Denton Shearin

Denton Shearin 2009-Breakthrough Award, McKenzie Award,

What Cole said is correct!

9. Kighty77

Kighty77 New Member

There is also a great app that does it for you as well. Just plug in your scores and you are good to go. Gives gross and net scores.

Score My Rack is what it is called.