1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

BOTM December 2016

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by BrookeSFD16, Dec 1, 2016.

1. BrookeSFD16

BrookeSFD16 Well-Known Member

BOTM is a critique free thread where all can post their finished mounts. Thank you to all who participate.

2. FF/Birdman

FF/Birdman Active Member

Hello all. I hope everyone is busy with work. It is that time of the year. I will try and jump start December BOTM. A nice greenwing teal drake. We have a lot of these little guys in Texas. Lets see some more posts, Paul.

[​IMG]

3. spencer2

spencer2 Member

Nice green wing. Here's a pair of mallards I did 2 years ago [​IMG]

4. Brian

Brian Active Member

Stunning work guys

5. nina5150

nina5150 Active Member

Oh damn X2.....beautiful

6. FF/Birdman

FF/Birdman Active Member

Nice job on the mallard pair spencer2. Thanks for posting. How are things with you Cindy?

7. Well I tried taxidermy for the first time 6 years ago. I just finished my first duck/mount by myself. I made a few mistakes that I won't make on the next mount (legs a little far back, eye didn't line up with the artificial head after it was glued in place and a couple other small things). I'm happy with my sewing job as it seems hidden to me, and the fact I skinned it without putting any holes in the skin but fleshing was a whole other story lol...

Attached Files:

8. FF/Birdman

FF/Birdman Active Member

Hello Matt. You should be real happy with your first attempt at mounting by yourself. Nice job ! They get easier the more you do. Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing, Paul.

9. nina5150

nina5150 Active Member

Paul...good good.was going for the hen but the k9's had other plans so it foot woek.an area i realy fall short on..hope this are good with you.

Matt.very nice..you do better feet than i do..wtg keep at it

10. ryan rhodes

ryan rhodes Active Member

Hello all! Hope everyone had a good thanksgiving! Thought I'd share a few! Nice birds everyone!! Love the mallard pair!

Attached Files:

11. FF/Birdman

FF/Birdman Active Member

Nice birds Ryan. Thanks for posting.

12. BrookeSFD16

BrookeSFD16 Well-Known Member

We're still deer hunting so no duck mounting right now. Here's a oldie from last year.

[​IMG]

13. FF/Birdman

FF/Birdman Active Member

Brooke, good luck deer hunting and by the way beautiful well done pheasant, Paul.

14. rai_red

rai_red Active Member

Don´t know where to start first but those ducks are all beautiful and this blue-backed walking rooster is perfect,
    my favourite is the flushing mallard hen, stunning

15. bucksnort10

bucksnort10 Well-Known Member

X2
    Absolutely gorgeous birds.
    Thanks for posting!

16. Pretty Woodies Brett!

17. wilcox1088

wilcox1088 Active Member

[​IMG]

18. nice Speck Wilcox!

19. FF/Birdman