1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

BOTM December 2016

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by BrookeSFD16, Dec 1, 2016.

1. BrookeSFD16

BrookeSFD16 Well-Known Member

BOTM is a critique free thread where all can post their finished mounts. Thank you to all who participate.

2. FF/Birdman

FF/Birdman Well-Known Member

Hello all. I hope everyone is busy with work. It is that time of the year. I will try and jump start December BOTM. A nice greenwing teal drake. We have a lot of these little guys in Texas. Lets see some more posts, Paul.

[​IMG]

3. spencer2

spencer2 Member

Nice green wing. Here's a pair of mallards I did 2 years ago [​IMG]

4. Brian

Brian Active Member

Stunning work guys

5. nina5150

nina5150 Well-Known Member

Oh damn X2.....beautiful

6. FF/Birdman

Nice job on the mallard pair spencer2. Thanks for posting. How are things with you Cindy?

7. Well I tried taxidermy for the first time 6 years ago. I just finished my first duck/mount by myself. I made a few mistakes that I won't make on the next mount (legs a little far back, eye didn't line up with the artificial head after it was glued in place and a couple other small things). I'm happy with my sewing job as it seems hidden to me, and the fact I skinned it without putting any holes in the skin but fleshing was a whole other story lol...

Attached Files:

8. FF/Birdman

Hello Matt. You should be real happy with your first attempt at mounting by yourself. Nice job ! They get easier the more you do. Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing, Paul.

9. nina5150

nina5150 Well-Known Member

Paul...good good.was going for the hen but the k9's had other plans so it foot woek.an area i realy fall short on..hope this are good with you.

Matt.very nice..you do better feet than i do..wtg keep at it

10. ryan rhodes

ryan rhodes Active Member

Hello all! Hope everyone had a good thanksgiving! Thought I'd share a few! Nice birds everyone!! Love the mallard pair!

Attached Files:

11. FF/Birdman

Nice birds Ryan. Thanks for posting.

12. BrookeSFD16

BrookeSFD16 Well-Known Member

We're still deer hunting so no duck mounting right now. Here's a oldie from last year.

[​IMG]

13. FF/Birdman

Brooke, good luck deer hunting and by the way beautiful well done pheasant, Paul.

14. rai_red

rai_red Active Member

Don´t know where to start first but those ducks are all beautiful and this blue-backed walking rooster is perfect,
    my favourite is the flushing mallard hen, stunning

15. bucksnort10

bucksnort10 Well-Known Member

X2
    Absolutely gorgeous birds.
    Thanks for posting!

16. Pretty Woodies Brett!

17. wilcox1088

wilcox1088 Active Member

[​IMG]

18. nice Speck Wilcox!

19. FF/Birdman