1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Need an OFFICIAL Scorer, in SW PA, any thoughts?

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Mason, Dec 6, 2016.

1. Mason

Mason Active Member

Customer wants to have this Buck scored. Never had it done before?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Go to the B&C website, there is a drop down menu, choose find a scorer by state

3. Mason

Mason Active Member

Thank you

4. Kighty77

Kighty77 New Member

I am an official scorer for the Northeast Big Buck Club and I live in NW PA. The NBBC scores all gross scores so there are no deductions. We use the Boone and Crocket system of scoring. I will be in Southwest PA on January 21st doing a scoring event at Creek Archery Open House in Ruffs Dale, PA.

Please feel free to contact me at: [email protected] if you have any questions.

Can I ask if this deer was a PA deer and if it were Fair Chase?

Brian R. Kightlinger

www.bigbuckclub.com

5. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

What scoring system do you want used? There are several. B&C, BuckMasters, Safari Club and they all have different minimums/deductions. For example, Buckmasters threshold is lower then B&C, BUT they don't allow Spread.

Second...the deer could make ALL, or some and not others. They are all different. Even the above information is confusing because B&C HAS deductions. I suspect he meant to say the use B&C measurements but LEAVE OUT the deductions.

Third, each group usually requires payment to enter, AND will not accept competing groups measurers OR measurements.

6. Kighty77

Kighty77 New Member

Jim you are right. There are many different clubs that will score. The NBBC uses the Boone and Crockett system but we do not penalize the deer for abnormal growth. We believe that the deer should get credit for every inch of antler it grows. We have typical and Non-typical categories for the deer.
    You are also right that the clubs will want paid for providing this service. The NBBC is a non profit organization and the money goes to print our magazine, record books, and all the other things we offer to the hunters who harvest deer.