1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Gundog sculpture

Discussion in 'Wildlife Artwork and Crafts' started by babak, Dec 9, 2016.

1. babak

babak Active Member

Hi every one from iran,
    No need to say,there is many restriction to keep dogs in home or use them for hunting here where i am living ,yes unbilievable idiot laws,but it's what is happening same as many other idiot things !Actually I'm no sculptor,but i have started to make some gundog sculptures to make me happy instead of keeping a family dog !hope u like them!i will work on their painting more and new breeds in the future are comming soon.

Attached Files:

2. Wow! Those are cool Babak!You are very talented!

3. babak

babak Active Member

Thank you cheri for your very kind words as always....,but disappinting from taxidermy.net forum ... i didn't get any feed back since now for my sculptures.i paint GS.pointer again ,i made it a lil bit much smooth.

4. KLFL

KLFL Active Member

They're amazing! Do you sell them?

5. babak

babak Active Member

Thank you so much,unfortunately no,not really!that's no possibility to cast and mold it ...

6. babak

babak Active Member

I've just put this together ,need too much detail to finish work and painting,so feel free to critiques!an english pointer ....hey guys,any critiques are welcome.

Attached Files:

7. landdepot

landdepot Active Member

I like them babak,....pretty impressive.

8. 689

689 Well-Known Member

Thats pretty damn close...very very nice babak

9. babak

babak Active Member

Thank u so much for your kind words,needs too much work,i did it just in 4 hours

10. babak

babak Active Member

Late night actually mornung,but no worries i am home for healing broken leg! Exhausting but exciting to put few colors on my enlish pointer,primary paiting was good,needs much work yet.

11. babak

babak Active Member

Hi,Finished almost!

Attached Files:

12. That is awesome Babak. Is it made out of wood?

13. babak

babak Active Member

Thank u cheri,no,sculpting clay!
    My gundog collection,left to right,irish setter,bracco italiano,english pointer,german shorthaired pointer

Attached Files:

14. OfSoulandSin

OfSoulandSin Member

Montana
    Very nice work! You did great on catching each breeds unique and distinctive traits and anatomy/pose. You have inspired me to finish the sculpture of our german shorthair pointer that I have left sit around for 2.5 years! :'D

15. Sonnyknight

Sonnyknight Member

Here
    I love them they look cool.

16. babak

babak Active Member

Ofsoulandsin,really glad to hear that .....,i wanna start to make some other breeds ,let us to see ur works and let me know which breed comes out better in sculpture form!these are my very first sculptures in my life started by gsp,and they will get better in the furure if i keep practice!!no teacher and no educational videos ,just started to put clay on wires as fundation!
    Sonnyknight,that's very kind of you....keep touch to motivate me to work on new stuffs!!

17. Sonnyknight

Sonnyknight Member

Here
    Your welcome I wish I could do that stuff I can sculpt but not from scratch like that keep up the good work.

18. babak

babak Active Member

Sonnyknight, i am not an expert in sculpting,but when you are not allowed to keep,sell or buy a dead animal or mounted animal legally you have to make yourself happy with sth close or related to taxidermy!
    Although i do taxidermy for my personal collection ,expenses in this way is too much if you don't sell them!besides, no birds to work with cuz hunting prohibited since 3 yrs ago to unknow time! I know it does't make sense for you and others ,but influenza is the excuse of prohibition!hense i myself try to make me happy with putting clay on wires and do airbrushing on this stuffs called sculpture.

19. babak

babak Active Member

Todays practice

Attached Files:

20. Sonnyknight

Sonnyknight Member

Here
    Wow what a grate sculpture that is.