1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

auto tanner question

Discussion in 'Tanning' started by drwalleye, Dec 16, 2016.

1. drwalleye

drwalleye Member

when I use my tanner I usually flesh cape and put in tanner after work and it is in till I get home from work the next day then the next day I shave it and put it back in the tanner till the next day after work. my question is as it rotates around in machine it twists into a tight roll. any chance this could bunch something up so the tan would not get to it? I haven't had a problem yet but just wondering what some thought were on this

2. tazzymoto

tazzymoto Well-Known Member

Do you leave it running 24/7 ? . I have heard that can be an issue.

3. babowhunter

babowhunter Man,I love this stuff!!

Any input on this issue? Very interested on answers.

4. Try just dropping the cape in the tank. Don't lay it in lengthwise. You really don't need to run it that long either. Turn it off in the am before you go to work. Then shave that night. I rarely have to put mine back in the tank for a second time. Only if I ht a pink spot. I have never followed the directions for using it though. Maybe someday. lol

5. the grey

the grey Member

yah ive noticed this too, today in fact pulling a cape out that was all twisted it up and I did lay it length wise in there. seemed like some area in the middle was't plump as good. also I used van dykes crystals and then brushed on McKenzie tan and the entire skin side turned completely violet. kinda weird I thought, first time ive used these two together. after 5 hrs I rinsed and it washed all the violet color away. seemed to be a good tan otherwise. I'm still not getting as much stretch as I used too pickling in tubs though.