1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Looking for a exhaust fan

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by antlermike, Dec 18, 2016.

  1. antlermike

    antlermike Active Member

    Need a exhaust fan for fish painting I use 80% water acrylics the rest Lacquers try to gloss outside but you know how that goes. Have not had a explosion proof fan but been doing a search they are not cheep. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
  2. Air to fuel ratio, if the air to fuel ratio is not right it will not burn. YOU ave to have a huge amount of paint fumes in the air to reach the ratio. MAter of fact you will be dead before you get that much paint fume in the air...... A 20 inch window fan with a filter over it will work fine.

  3. fishmaster

    fishmaster Well-Known Member

    X2, what John said. Especially if you put an air filter in front. I do have an explosion proof fan but I have filter material over the opening so all the mist doesn't gum up the fan blades and louvers. I am often spraying bigger fish with a large gun though.
    If you want to be extra safe find a DC powered fan. You will know it's dc because it will have the big plug on it that changes the current from 120v to 12 or 18v.
  4. antlermike

    antlermike Active Member

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/8-Explosion-Proof-Centrifugal-Fan-w-Ducting-/302083477622?hash=item4655941076:g:6oMAAOSwmfhX5ERy dose anyone know anything about these fans
  5. Gary R

    Gary R Active Member

    I just bought this 36" exhaust booth and I love it. Haven't used it much yet, but so far I haven't blown up. It does have a pleated filter before the fan/motor.


    It has lights inside, power ports wired up on the outside, etc. I bought the 36" version to allow for bigger fish (I only do fish).
  6. fishmaster

    fishmaster Well-Known Member

    Thats a really nice paint booth. You only have to buy it once when you get one like that.
  7. JL

    JL Taxidermist for 64 years

    Look in the Grainger catalog...they have everything you'll need. :)
  8. antlermike

    antlermike Active Member

    Thanks for the ideas this helps