1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Old trapping and taxidermy books and some other outdoor books

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by Bill R., Dec 19, 2016.

1. Bill R.

Bill R. Member

I'm cleaning out the workshop and pulled out a number of trapping, hunting, falconry, fishing and other outdoor books. Some of the most interesting are books published by A.R. Harding on trapping and other outdoor activities as early as 1913. Here's a list of what I have (although I forgot to put the two falconry books on it). I'm interested in them going to a new home rather than the dump, so asking only $1 apiece and the buyer pay shipping; the old trapping books would probably fit in a flat rate small box ($6 or so cost) and several would fit in a medium flat rate box (I think $13 or so). I'd take payment via PayPal. Send me a PM or email me at [email protected] if you're interested in any of them. The old ones vary in condition, some just about pristine, others with some water stains and some markup by a child (perhaps me 70 years ago.....). The old books do really make for a good read!!

Mink Trapping, A.R. Harding, 1934
    Science of Trapping, E. Kreps, 1944
    Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper, Observations of E. N. Woodcock, A.R. Harding editor, 1913
    Practical Muskrat Raising, E. J. Daily, 1927
    Fox Trapping, A. R. Harding, 1934
    Home Taxidermy for Pleasure and Profit, Albert B. Farnham, 1944
    Freeze-Drying Biological Speciments: A Laboratory Manual, Rolland O. Hower, 1979

Hunting the Whitetail Deer, Tom Hayes, 1960
    Quail, Their Breeding and Management, G.E.S. Robbins, 1989
    Shotgunning, the Art and the Science, Bob Brister, 1977
    A Hunter’s Heart, Honest Essays on Blood Sport, David Petersen, 1996