1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Mckensie shipping.

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by lostpines, Dec 19, 2016.

1. So I know it's been discussed before but shipping is ridiculous from Mckensie. 20pounds cost 64.00. I get my skins wet tanned in California at wildlife and get 65 lbs sent and cost 43.00. What the hell???

2. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

O M G

Seriously, another freight thread?

UPS charges dimensional weight, the fact your box weighs 20lbs. is meaningless. I feel this was likely covered in one of the other 17 McKenzie or UPS threads.

3. Use a different supplier !!!

DP

4. DL

DL Well-Known Member

It is by dimensions. Wildlife can stuff 10 pounds of furs in a 5 pound box.

5. TIMBUCK

TIMBUCK Active Member

So its a conspiracy?? It makes perfect sense now.
    Just wait until McKenzie "buys out" UPS...

6. Bill Dishman

Bill Dishman Well-Known Member

You'd think that McKenzie was the anti christ the way they get bashed on here. either use them or dont, but enough is enough.

7. I just ordered $3000 worth of stuff and it was shipped for freeeee!!!!

8. Jerry Huffaker

Jerry Huffaker Well-Known Member

5000.00 order 15% discount pays for shipping and a little more.

9. michael p.

michael p. Getting better with age :)

It's Mckensie...... get your sh!t straight!

10. Wildside

Wildside Active Member

You can always jump in the vehicle and pick it up yourself. Actually not much cheaper when you figure in gas, time, wear and tear on your vehicle..............actually not a bad deal after all.

11. For yalls info I don't need schooled on dimensions we have a fed-ex account that we ship rugs and pillows. I'm saying if I run the exact same box on our account it is more than half as much. This isn't my first rodeo........ and don't give me the crappie you don't charge enough I probably charge more than half of yall.

12. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    Who pays for the shipping of rugs and pillows you ship? I bet you charge your customers one way or the other. Do you buy the boxes and other supplies needed? Do you pay someone to package them?

13. R.J. Meyer II

R.J. Meyer II Member

For yalls info I don't need schooled on dimensions we have a fed-ex account that we ship rugs and pillows. I'm saying if I run the exact same box on our account it is more than half as much. This isn't my first rodeo........ and don't give me the crappie you don't charge enough I probably charge more than half of yall

Let me put that in correct english for the rest of us.

For everyones information I don't need to be schooled on dimensions. We have a Fed-Ex account that we use to ship rugs and pillows. I'm saying that if I were to enter the same box size and weight on our account it would come out to less than half of what I was charged. This isn't my first rodeo, and don't give me the crap "you don't charge enough" as I probably charge more than half of you do.

Yep, no "schooled" needed here. Merry Christmas

14. TIMBUCK

TIMBUCK Active Member

It's school^^^^^^not schooled?? LOL

Obviously you got the point..
    No corrections or grammar cop was needed.. Merry Christmas.

15. Cole

Cole Amateur Taxidermist

You don't charge enough to pay your web hosting bill, because it's been shut down.

16. boarhunter67

boarhunter67 Well-Known Member

You're comparing the cost of shipping from TX to CA to the cost of shipping from back East to TX or from UT to Texas. It's apples and oranges. I notice when I ship something to Wildlife here in CA to get tanned it costs a lot less than if I ship something smaller that weighs less back East to GA.

17. First off Cole I don't have to have a webite I have more than enough work and don't have to advertise. And like TIM BUCK said R.John. you got the point. And Mckensie has a store in Texas so it's not coming from east coast or west coast.

18. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

You should do something about it, like shop elsewhere. You don't have to use McKenZie.

19. Here is my opinion on McKenzie. They have great stuff but I don't use them unless I have to. There foam is hard as a rock,I like a form that I can scratch up quick and easy , the shipping is high. And there forms are higher than most. I buy from suppliers close to my area. If your good at what you do you can pick good forms for less money and turn out great work . I did buy a deer from them that a customer picked out. By the time I got it to my shop it was $96.00. I am also not to pleased that they bought out many other suppliers. Like WASCO. I like there polytranspar paint since the buy out I think they have changed the colors up some. I be been doing taxidermy for over 35 years and if they bought out Joe Coombs and James Supply and a few other suppliers around south Mississippi. I think it may be time to retire. This is just my personal opinion. Y'all have a Merry Christmas

20. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

I too, don't like their form hardness. They are the only ones that I use that has foam that hard.