1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

What's wrong with this coyote?

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by nokes, Dec 27, 2016.

1. nokes

nokes New Member

Something just doesn't look right. Hair pattern, face, ears, I just don't know. Let me know what you see. Thanks

2. nokes

nokes New Member

[​IMG]

3. With the front leg lifted up like that it gives the appearance of a short waisted - long chest/necked coyote. Just an illusion but that jumped out at me.

4. TaxidermyArtist1

TaxidermyArtist1 Member

Body hair looks combed flat , fluff up with a hair dryer or air compressor, animal will look fuller , more like the neck.

5. Brian

Brian Active Member

Left eye is out of shape as Well as the right. The nostril line to mouth is bad and the front of the mouth doesn't look tucked right.ears could use some work too.

6. Matt

Matt Active Member

back corners of the eyes are low and the fronts are too high, giving you the look you have. The lip line needs reworked, looks over tucked and wrong shape

7. iowabowhunter

iowabowhunter Member

Yep took the words right out of my mouth. Amazing how much different it will look

8. WLELTD

WLELTD Active Member

chin is too large ,no scapula ,tail not on the body in the right place, ears , eyes ,gay pose , lots of reference out there

9. Duckslayr

Duckslayr Active Member

Gee, how very helpful of you...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. WildArt2013

WildArt2013 New Member

Make a smaller slot below the nose. The hair should almost meet there. Very little if any black should show. Eyes are a little too round and off from one another. Lips need tucked a little more. The brisket shows off alot on this form it should twist a little with the head turn. The white patch below the throat dhould match up with the brisket if that makes sense. Air compress him.

11. ShawnK

ShawnK Don't take criticism to heart, it's a free lesson

Almost seems to me like this is an altered form? I would think that the hind legs should be more straight and the back more vertical?