1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Oldterryr...its been 8 years this Christmas

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by Bill Yox, Dec 27, 2016.

1. Bill Yox

Bill Yox Well-Known Member

December 25 2008 was the last time Terry posted. Sure do miss the guy. We have lost so many over the years. Heres one of his very last posts...

Tanning / Re: what process do you use so your deer hide is very soft at the finish?? Thank you
    « on: April 21, 2008, 11:04:51 AM »
    1) salt hide
    2) flesh
    3) pickle
    3) shave again
    4) back in pickle
    5) neutralize
    6) lutanf
    7) rinse
    8) oil
    9) break
    10) throw over couch and listen to wife gripe
    11) wish you had sent to tannery

2. wa

wa Thanks John...this depicts me better

I think of him too
    He would email me questions all the time
    He loved his coyote head mounts!

3. Brian

Brian Active Member

He was a cool dude. I bought one of his coyote shoulder mounts.he also did a wholesale farm goat shoulder mount for me.he was a great guy.sucks he's gone
    .rip Terry

4. magicmick

magicmick magicmick

Love 9/10,sounds like he was a funny guy.

5. joeym

joeym Old Murphey

Hard to believe its been that long. He shared his knowledge freely. Maybe we need an Obituary section on taxinet.

6. DL

DL Well-Known Member

The sad part of this industry is there are so many people that are no longer young. We loose wonderful talented people every year. A many of us are at that age that a slip on a wet spot in the shop could have serious consequences. The wealth of knowledge that taxidermists have on here is immense. Every time we loose someone like him we loose a resource that is not replaceable.

7. TIMBUCK

TIMBUCK Active Member

One of the good guys...

8. I can't believe it's been 8 years. He was always willing to help out a newbie like myself. RIP Mr. Coyote.

9. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

For those of you who have not had the pleasure of knowing him on here, go to the tutorials and there is a list of them to view from him.

10. oldboar

oldboar Taxidermy...do the impossible:)

Thanks Bill, just was in the archives reading some of his posts the other day. Great guy, kind soul.

I think we all could follow suit with how we post things. Myself included.

Peace,

Jim