I converted a chest freezer for my beetles that heats and cools, and it's vented out the window. Here's the information: Parts List: 1.) Freezer 2.) Inkbird All-Purpose Digital Thermostat Fahrenheit (Controls heater and compressor.) 3.) Image Digital Air Humidity Controller HM-40 Type 4.) Maurice Franklin Louver RLW-100 1" White Mini Louvers (They are also screened.) 5.) AC Infinity Axial 1225 Muffin Cooling Fan 120mm Low Speed 6.) Reptile Basics Radiant Heat Panel 40 Watt 7.) 2 Gang Wall Plate for Outlets (I chose one with new visible screws) 8.) Parts Vacuum (Goodwill, doesn't have to work, you just need the hose) 9.) Aluminum Tape 10.) 2 3/8" Rubber Grommets 11.) Wire Nuts 12.) Spray Foam Insulation 13.) 4'x4' 1/2" MDF Sheet 14.) Screws 15.) Spray Paint for Window Vent 16.) Tools: Drill, 3/8" Drill bit, 1/8" Drill bit, #2 Phillips Head Bit, Sawz-All, 1" Hole Saw, 2" Hole Saw I started with a new freezer. You certainly don't have to, but I have a friend that works at Best Buy and this 10.2 cubic foot Insignia only cost me $137, so why not? I ordered all of my parts off of Amazon. If you search for what I listed you should find them. The 2 gang wall plates for outlets ALMOST fit the thermostat. Almost. I took a file and in a few minutes they fit great. I removed the stock thermostat. Since they got funky with the shape of the stock one I took a saw to the hole and removed a bit of metal. After that I installed the back plate for the wall plate (this hidden screw one has a back plate so the face has no visible screws) by drilling four holes and screwing it in. Easy peasy, but I forgot to take pics. I also wired it all up, but instead of going into that here, just Google "wiring stc-1000 chest freezer" and a plethora of things will come up because home brew beer guys make "keezers" this way and talk about it a lot online. It's fairly easy. *It drives me nuts that the thermostat isn't as bright as the humidity controller. Nothing I can do it about it. Next I installed the heat panel. Self tapping screws, go slow to not crack the plastic in the lid. Then I got busy with a drill. I drilled a hole directly under the heat panel on the inside, and then one in the back edge of the lid centered behind the heat panel. Next I took a wire hanger and ran it through the insulation and both holes, hooked it, attached the heater cord to the hook, and then pulled it through the holes. Next I installed rubber grommets in each hole to protect the wire and give it a finished look. Next I took a 1" hole saw and drilled through the lid. I'm a bit anal about things looking clean and factory so I started on the inside and centered the bit in one of the dimples of the lid and drilled SLOWLY through the plastic and then only popped the center drill bit out of the top. Then I closed the lid, slid the drill bit through the hole and cut out the top portion. Next I vacuumed the mess up and simply popped in the louvered covers. They worked great. Next I did the same basic thing on the freezer hump. The hump was chosen because chest freezer walls are filled with cooling components and the hump isn't. I then installed a louver cover on only this side. After that I took a larger hole saw and cut through this little back plate. I found a vacuum at Goodwill that had a nice 2 screw mount built into the hose. Perfect for my use here. I should have thought of something better while at Home Depot, but I didn't, so I crudely used weather stripping around it to seal it against the surface. I then ran it through the hole I made. In this pic you can see through the hole and see the backside of the louver cover. I then used self tapping screws and screwed it over the hole. Next, just a few inches behind the thermostat and once again through the freezer hump, I drilled a hole for the sensors and ran them through. After that I took small window screen pieces,angled them different directions, then cut them into a square. Then I neatly tucked the sensors and laid the screen over them and then used aluminum tape to secure it all. Then I shot some insulation foam into that hole. Then I carefully used aluminum tape over every seam, the entire front of the hump, and then two different levels horizontally to prevent climbers. And it's done. And after running all night it worked great. I went to Wal-Mart and found a tub that fit really well in the bottom and on the hump They will still occasionally get out of the tub, but they just die in the void. This main reason for this was to make future maintenance on the freezer easier, and cleaning as well. It looks like it's covering the vent and sensors, but due to the angle of the tub walls there is actually about 3/4" gap between them. For the hump I have a small tub that will normally be empty but sometimes for more delicate animals I can scoop a limited number of beetles into this one and control the situation a bit more. I used the rack that came with the freezer to set or hang finished skulls to allow the beetles to exit and drop down. I didn't take pics of the window vent I built but it's easy to describe. I cut a piece of MDF to the width of the window and 8" tall. I cut a hole in the center and drilled holes to mount the fan. I used window screen in front of the fan and the cage front it came with. I then built a box over the fan and drilled a hole in the side and used insulation foam in a can to secure a piece of vacuum attachment I cut off the vacuum. Then I painted it black and sealed it fully. After that I ran weather stripping around the wood. I then closed the window on it, put the freezer in place, hooked the hose up and bam, negative pressure in the freezer. It has a slow unnoticeable draw and works great. So far zero smell leaches into my work space. Thanks for looking!