1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Dermestid Beetle Freezer Enclosure Build Tutorial

Discussion in 'Skulls and Skeletons' started by Modifiedloser, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Nuckenfuts

Nuckenfuts New Member

Awesome build! One newb question though... I assume the temp controler is hooked up to control both the freezer/condenser as well as the heat panel. So what is the humidity controler controling?

2. zeke73

zeke73 New Member

First that is a really good set up, thanks for sharing. I also would like to know if the humidity controller is controlling any thing or it's just letting you know where your at with the humidity? And with the ink bird temp controllers, I have 4 of them in 4 different freezers as back up controllers to turn on lamps if my main heat source craps out. I have had one fail and cooked the colony. I had heat lamps in it thinking it would heat fast and shut off. After that happened I went with just regular light bulb it will keep them alive till the next day when I check on them but won't get hot enough to cook them. Again thanks for the time you put into sharing your design.

3. ClayTolin

ClayTolin New Member

Awesome build... locating parts for mine now... Can you post some photos of the window vent? Also, i assume the fan is located in-line some how to exhaust outside? Looks like your in north Texas, I'm in Denton... Howdy neighbor

4. Timmy J

Timmy J New Member

Can you post a pic of the window section? Would like to see how it looks.
    Great tutorial on the build.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
  5. Lance.G

Lance.G Active Member

Very nice post. Thanks for sharing. I got to build one now lol

6. Jeni

Jeni New Member

Just checking to see if anyone else has set up a beetle colony with this tutorial? I'm ordering the parts today and was wondering if there were any tweaks to the build and curious to see anyone elses success.

7. Timmy J

Timmy J New Member

Hey Jeni,
    Just finished my setup. Going to try a first run with my son-in-law buck.
    Will post results when we start