1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

LOOKING FOR TANNER RECOMENDATIONS!

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by maxman, Jan 4, 2017.

1. maxman

maxman Active Member

Looking for a new tanner! The Wildlife Gallery is out 5 months. Will need better delivery than that. I have deer capes and will have a large African shipment coming in ,
    30 plus animals

2. Paul B

Paul B Active Member

This time of the year is busy, that's the going time, but you can ask for a rush order

3. dcooper

dcooper Member

I understand what you're talking about. They started the season with a 70-90 day turnaround. Capes they received on October 6th haven't entered the tanning phase yet... so much for the turnaround estimate on those. In years past, I would already have several deer mounted that were taken in our early bow season. They never got caught up from last season and ended up taking their turnaround time off the web site. By the first week of December they were up to 140-160 days. After using them exclusively for the last 10 years, I reluctantly started to look elsewhere myself.

4. bowelk

bowelk Member

Check out Glacier Fur Dressing. Bill, the owner, awesome to work with.

5. akmike

akmike Member

check out H and H in MI there tan has a great stretch

6. Sivko Fur out of ny,give them a call.

7. Kent Stryker

Kent Stryker New Member

H&H without a doubt. Great tan, great service, just great people to deal with.

8. joeym

joeym Old Murphey

Gonna be at least a 4 month wait on most tanneries. I have waited up to 8 months on some pieces.

9. I use big sky fur dressers in wisconsin. 90days out as of 3wks ago. Very reasonable nice people

10. nickq83

nickq83 Member

I have used Carolina fur dressing in the past and they are usually pretty good with turn around time

11. HunterJohnson

HunterJohnson Active Member

ND
    North Country Fur & Tannery LLC 701-852-9350 they offer both taxidermy and garment tanning both are less then 90days or less at the moment.

12. critterstuffr

critterstuffr New Member

Key word there is at the moment . . . we all know what's coming. I have used the WLG for over 20 years. I recent years have been using the RUSH service back in 30-45 days every time. I had to decide if I wanted to mount my deer in July or February. You can increase your price and charge accordingly or eat it. I decided to do a 50/50 spilt I eat half. It worked out for me. They do great work that's worth the extra cost in my case.

13. TIMBUCK

TIMBUCK Active Member

I know there are few good reliable ones out there and many I've probably never heard of BUT this day and age, with what I've experienced with the several I've dealt with, plus all of the horror stories that I hear, all to often, there is no way in HAIL that I would recommend a tannery...
    Good way to get someone mad at you and quick.. Seems it a crap shoot at best... Good Luck.