1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

MN DNR allegedly at it again?

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by 3bears, Jan 4, 2017.

1. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    Has anyone caught wind of the story of a pile of deer carcasses that were dumped near Rochester on a public hunting area? Allegedly by the DNR, some possibly from the CWD positive zone. WTH?

2. buckman170

buckman170 Member

I seen the video. People are saying it's a dump site for deer hit by cars.

3. Yep! The DNR was dumping deer they tested in a wildlife management area across the road from their office. Looked liked dozens of them. They said they had been doing it for years. They didn't state whether it was before or after the test results were confirmed.

4. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    Are the tests 100% accurate, especially in younger deer? Not to my knowledge. Regardless, it is unacceptable for them to carry on a practice such as that, but it sounds like a good place to trap. I find it just a tad bit interesting that I was assured that the DNR wildlife offices know how and do dispose of animal remains in a properly lined landfill and now this pops up.

5. Kuzky3

Kuzky3 New Member

MN
    Local news said it was deer tested for cwd. (Did not specify if dumping was after results) They also try to say that some of the deer were from poaching cases and were in no condition to give to a needy family. Local CO claims they donate all the meat suitable for human consumption.

6. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    I am aware that they donate edible deer when feasible, but the waste of the meat isn't my issue here. It is the dumping of carcasses in a unapproved manner which in fact, to the best of my knowledge, is against statute. I completely understand the fact that they often times have to pick up road kill and such, but to handle those dead deer in such a fashion, all the while forcing us to follow a protocol that they themselves devised with little regards to the negative impact on tax paying citizens of the state and is not yet a statute, is completely ridiculous and asinine to say the least.

7. The MN DNR chief warden for the area said that the DNR has been doing this for 120 years and it is beneficial for all kinds of animals that consume the carcasses. Yet it is illegal for hunters to dumps their boned out carcasses on public land. Things that make you say WTH.

8. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    Bruce, I still would like to see where it is written that state employees are above the law. I can't find it spelled out, can you? I get that chit rolls down hill and that the underling employees are just following orders but, who is giving the orders? This is the type of hypocrisy that has run rampant through our government employees and needs to be curtailed and eventually abolished.