1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Bird Hunting Season 2016/2017

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by MallardsFowlLife, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Brian

Brian Active Member

This sun bitch swooped in on a group of blacks working the spread then came back to try steal a decoy.its amazing to finally start seeing bald eagles on a regular basis here in the winter on long island.this will be the 5th year we been seeing them.also please note the above photos were taking by my friend Eugene not me so please do not use with out permission.thanks guys.

Attached Files:

2. byrdman

byrdman Well-Known Member

dam duck stealers.....we have eagles nesting or hunting on almost all the lakes around the twin cities north subeurds and the rivers.....when you drop a duck you go pick it up right away or an eagle wil......and cripples that swim out a bit....gone

3. Wow and wow! Great pictures!

4. Brian

Brian Active Member

A band is a band but all those black ducks were banded and shot in the same town.kind of sucks.i guess they stayed together even after being caught and banded.but the mallard was from Minnesota which is cool.

5. Brian

Brian Active Member

Beautiful woodies.maybe I'm crazy but I'd trade diver hubtibg,sea duck hunting any day to be only to shoot woodies.there my favorite bird and favorite to hunt.

6. byrdman

byrdman Well-Known Member

well Brian come to Minn....thats our top waterfowl....besides giant canadas,mallards,ringers....and we are getting some squaws and harleys,scoters filtering through so you wont get homesick

7. We've had a pretty rough season but got into some good ones earlier.

[​IMG]

8. Brian

Brian Active Member

Beautiful redheads.i went to the Pamlico sound and Oregon inlet few yrs ago for redheads had a blast.seeing the wild mustangs in Corolla was awesome too.wish i had a Swan tag when I was there they were everywhere

9. nina5150

nina5150 Active Member

Brian..Remy is just gorgeous. She looks so very proud..

Cripplecreek...those reds are stunning..

10. bucksnort10

bucksnort10 Well-Known Member

I am drooling...

11. txoutdoors

txoutdoors Active Member

Headed back to the states in the morning. Some Obregon Mexico photos for you. It's been a blast.

Attached Files:

12. txoutdoors

txoutdoors Active Member

Another

Attached Files:

13. Brian

Brian Active Member

Wow.lokks like you had a blast.congrats man.i can't really make out the species in the pics to good.what did you guys mainly shoot.thanks for sharing

14. txoutdoors

txoutdoors Active Member

Pintail and wigeon mostly.
    Did get my teal slam, black brant, tree ducks and a few redhead

15. Brian

Brian Active Member

Wow that sounds like a dream hunt man.congrats

16. Someone got lost yesterday in Florida. This WMA is right on the beach too. I had to explain what a blue snow goose was at the check station

Attached Files:

17. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    Nice an "Eaglehead" in Florida, I'm betting that is rare.

18. Brian

Brian Active Member

X2. wow.nice eaglehead i bet your adrenaline was pumping after you knocked him down.way to go man.im very jeaolous.cant wait to see it mounted.thanks for sharing brother.

19. AFTHUNT

AFTHUNT Active Member

God MallardsFowlLife i'm so jealous our duck season was horrible 2 years in a row :(, were up to our a$$ in snow, -14 degrees and you have green cattails and hunting in a t-shirt. :eek: :)

Keep the pict's coming. They give me inspiration to make it thru another cold a$$ winter. ;D All i can think about is next duck season has to be better than last year.

20. Brian

Brian Active Member

Hey mallards,as a northerner we don't deal with any reptiles during hunting season.do you ever deal with gators or water moccasins.gotta be a little scary hunting the marsh in florida.lol