1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Transporting Exotic Bird

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by mallardhunter57, Jan 7, 2017.

1. mallardhunter57

mallardhunter57 Member

Wondering what the procedures are for transporting a bird while flying. I've been visiting a friend in Texas and he gifted me an exotic duck. I don't believe I need permits to take him with but what's the best way to get him through security? I'd prefer to carry it on with me and don't want to freak out TSA when it goes through the x-ray.

2. duxrus

duxrus Active Member

Put it frozen in your luggage or carry on . I bring birds home from trips all the time

3. I braught a frozen mature ram head home from idaho to wisconsin as my carry on. TSA didnt say a thing........except it was a nice ram

4. bowelk

bowelk Member

You just made me chuckle - I brought home a frozen Eurasian Widgeon in my carry on luggage. The guy scanning called me and a supervisor over to ask, "is that a frigging duck?" I said, yup, I'm a taxidermist. Mounting it for a friend. He just laughed and sent me on through.

5. Ted

Ted Member

I brought two mounted quail on carry on. Surprised they didn't give me grief about wires.