1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Possible Scam

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by tmpatton22, Jan 12, 2017.

1. I think this has been posted on her before but I received an email this morning from James Charels saying that he wanted to ship a bear hide to me from Alaska that was already tanned and ready to mount wanted to know the cost. The only thing that makes me thing it may not be a scam was that there were a couple things in there that were fairly specific to my business and website. But I know that I have gotten emails similar to this before so I was curious if anyone else had received a similar email from the same person recently? Thanks.

2. Paul B

Paul B Active Member

If he has your mailing info, tell him to ship it at his cost and do nothing until it arrives. There have been many scams with bear mounts for a few years, mostly with the same story.

3. Thanks for the reply

4. pir^2h

pir^2h Retrievers give you the bird

He is probably in the hospital waiting for surgery and needs you to overbill the charge card and needs you to send him the overpayment to help pay for it. And also, he can only text because he is deaf!

5. I've gotten 3 texts about the same. Ask how much to mount a bear. And do I take credit cards. Says bear is at tannery (but doesn't know the name). Says he wants to pay for it, along with extra to send to the 'hunter'. Got one last week. I told him I would have to have his and the hunter's full name, address and phone number, as well as all tag numbers before I could proceed. Guess he changed his mind. LOL. Had a call last month from a guy saying he was from Publisher's Clearing House and I'd won 1.4 million. But I had to send 1K to cover some expense. I told him I didn't have it. He said he'd call the IRS and see if I could send less. Comes back on the phone in about 5 seconds, says he called and I could send only $500. Long story short, I played along for a few days. On the last day, I pulled up the PCH website and read to him what it said about scams. He said if I didn't want the money, he'd give it to someone else. I told him he was obviously a scammer. I heard someone in the background starting to laugh. So I did, too. He got mad and said I'd been scamming him! I said, "That's right." The guy in the background is laughing even harder. The guy on the phone starts yelling, "Get off my phone!" I told him it was my phone he called. And laughed more. He called me every name in the book and then said he was going to stick his big, black ---- in my mouth! I laughed harder and harder. He finally hung up, still cussing. LOL!

6. Paul B

Paul B Active Member

Just got E-mail myself David Lean has bear tanned etc.. 407 area code scam notice comes up.

7. I just got an text message from David Lean, told him I do not do cards, !!! No reply , lmao ;D

Gregg