1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

What kind of Glue do you use?

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by KLFL, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Wild zone

Wild zone New Member

Thank you Cheri for the good tip....

2. critterstuffr

critterstuffr New Member

I've heard Borax acts as an accelerator itself and that's what's on the skin so that adds to it.

3. By the way you can get 5 second nail glue on Amazon or Wal Mart but I have to get the brush on one from Sally's Beauty Supply....or your daughter!haha!

4. dwimberly

dwimberly Member

MS
    someone on this site recommended "Fin Magic" to me and I have used it ever since. It has about a 10 minute set up time and hold great. It allows me to really taxi everything to where I want it. No rolled edges and holds great. If it gets in the feathers then you can get it out too for the most part.

5. bucksnort10

bucksnort10 Well-Known Member

With the "Fin Magic", does it hold well enough as you do one area and then go on to the next, the first area doesn't move while taxiing the next. With the 10 second set time for the Loctite super gel, I can do key areas around the bill in the order I want and they will set up and hold before I go onto the next area. Then I know they are where I put them. With the "Fin Magic" I am thinking I would have to go back and check areas again. Guess it comes down to personal preference, but I like it when I do an area it is locked in place. OR maybe the chance to taxi ANY area is a plus? Thoughts?