1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Coombs 9800 full sneak alteration

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by midwesttax, Jan 14, 2017.

1. midwesttax

midwesttax New Member

Hey everyone, I did some searching on this but couldn't really find any direction. Just looking for a proper way to add to the B measurement of the Coombs 9800 full sneak wall pedestal. The 8" A measurement is great but need more girth in the B measurement. 24" wont cut it. I apologize if there is a tutorial for this that I am missing, but like I said, just looking for some proper directions in adding to this B measurement while keeping everything looking anatomically correct.

I appreciate any help!

2. theguyyouknowtaxidermy

theguyyouknowtaxidermy The Guy You Know Taxidermy<Daniel Elkins>

How much do you need to add?

3. midwesttax

midwesttax New Member

Still waiting to get cape back from tannery but will be close to 26", Iowa buck taken in mid November with a pretty full swell. Just doing my research before I tackle the project. Thanks!

4. Paul B

Paul B Active Member

I would wait until the cape comes back and then fit to form. Might fit just fine. A green cape has plenty of stretch so the animal can move its neck. Mounted a 280 pound Maine buck on same form and fit nice and loose, looked big and rutted.

5. midwesttax

midwesttax New Member

Great to hear, I appreciate it. Would love to see some pics of that one!

6. theguyyouknowtaxidermy

theguyyouknowtaxidermy The Guy You Know Taxidermy<Daniel Elkins>

One way I have added girth: cut off the head right behind the ears, then cut a + shape on top of the foam. Cut down approximately 10 inches or so, then added wedges to the cuts to force the cuts away from one another, reattach head, refoam. I always follow up by driving in 6-4 gauge wire through the head and the neck area to ensure that the head is good and solid