1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

any info about this tool , name , where i can find it

Discussion in 'Tanning' started by Stef, Jan 14, 2017.

1. Name ? any info is welcome

Attached Files:

2. Rhino

Rhino Too many irons in the fire will put the fire out!

Does it have a motor on the back that we cant see?? I see a power supply.

Almost looks like an attempt at a hand held turner machine?LOL Stretcher of some type?

Is this the WHOLE machine, or is there more to it??

3. Yes is a old machine for streching hide and leather , it electric ( motor in ) , never see it in person, just find in a old book. But maybe funny to have for smalle tannery , less work and easy .

Nothing info find in french or english :-\

4. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Why does a weedeater used as a bird flesher come to mind when I look at that picture?

5. hahaha , not sure i put a bird under that .. it have arround 18-24'' long

6. It is a hand held setting out machine, "metteuse au vent" in French, used in the leather industry in the fifties. It is used to flatten out and stretch the hide and remove wrinkles, veins etc. while the leather is still a bit wet during the drying cycle. Today most tanneries use feed through setting out machines or combined sammying-setting out machines. I have no idea about the manufacturer but I am sure you will have a hard time finding a survivor. I don´t see much use for it in taxidermy, although I am sure some creative minds will.

7. Grandullón , Ca l air de venir de votre bord de l ocean, pas d autre info ou je pourrais trouvé ca. C est pour etiré mes peaux .

8. Sorry can´t help you finding one. Chances are it is European indeed but most of the tanning machine manufacturers here closed their plants or moved them to cheaper countries. There are very few left on this side.