1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

ugghhh...working sick

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Lifesigns Taxidermy, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Alright, wanna know what the rest of you do. For me, not much worse than working on a mount when I'm sick. Not just a sniffle, but down right sick. Snot running, headaches, puffy face, the whole enchilada. To feel half way decent I have to take so much medicine that I cant focus on what I'm doing so either for me is a pain in butt. I find it easier to give in and take sick days and then bust a move to catch up. Don't tell me I'm the only one and everyone else just sucks it up!!

2. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

I sucked it up until I turned 50. I had 9 sick days in 19 years until I turned 50. Suddenly it was 3 to 12 days a year.

3. I can work thru a cold but down right sick I know the piece will suffer so I crash...
    Last year I had the flu and crashed for 3 days. I couldn't function if I'd tried. This year I had a stomach bug and eat some crackers then caped and fleshed a mountain goat btwn bathroom trips.

4. joeym

joeym Old Murphey

I've been fortunate not to have much sickness in my life. When I retired, I had over a year of sick leave built up, which really helped my retirement formula. Good health cannot be taken for granted, and can change on a whim...I could be too ill to get out of bed tomorrow! Hope you get over your cruddy cold soon!

5. Suck it up buttercup. I have compression fracture all of the thoracic spine., shattered a clavicle, split the sternum, fell a few weeks back and broke ribs in seven places, not just fractures but you could hear feel them pop back into place. Dont know when the next step is goign to catch a bone spur and cause me to hurt in the ankle and limp for a week.
    Drive on the job does not get done in the shop if you wuss out.

6. Ha! about what I would have guessed from you John!

7. Mike Powell

Mike Powell Well-Known Member

I push myself and work through most everything. That being said, you reach a point where you are not helping your customer by working when you risk messing up the work or hurting yourself. Take care of yourself! If you need to take off, by all means do it!

8. James Marsico

James Marsico Well-Known Member

I have been been sick flu like since January 3rd. I have been working away but it has slowed me down a lot. I am 65. Finally just getting better today. This has really worn me down.

9. Keith

Keith Well-Known Member

Fever or the trots are about the only thing that keeps me from working.

10. Thought I was improving, so figured I would flesh a cape. Easy right? What can go wrong? After about 5" I couldn't tell if that was flesh or snot I was removing. Glad it wasn't a bear.