1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

64d

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by K1976g, Jan 20, 2017.

1. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

Just like that pic.

2. theguyyouknowtaxidermy

theguyyouknowtaxidermy The Guy You Know Taxidermy<Daniel Elkins>

I have a customer with 20 foot ceilings and we mount all of his WT deer on the 64D, but i do non aggressive ears. it makes the deer look down into the room. If you use any other mount the deer looks too far out over its nose and makes them seem artificial.

3. The picture sent above is the good pose but the 64d doesn't represent that picture its head down seems more of curiousity and flows down lazily would need to alter form to get that picture putting the ears back due to the form would not give you a real aggressive look just my opinion

4. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

It would seem so but actually a 64d can be made to look pretty aggressive with little work.

https://www.google.com/search?q=mckenzie+64d&client=tablet-android-verizon&prmd=misvn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwirme-Q5NrRAhVI6yYKHVCVAfQQ_AUICCgC&biw=601&bih=962

5. George1419

George1419 New Member

Tn.
    IMO the 64-D is a great form, I do about 20 a year on that one form because I have a big Ky. 150 mounted on one displayed in my shop, I have never had a customer not like the pose, I don't pin the ears down agg. unless they want that. The kicker is that the bigger the neck is the better the pose looks.

6. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

After pouring over 100's of pics, I finally found one that actually is looking down, un- aggressively, like the form.

7. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

Jim, I'm glad you posted that. Now look at the position of the eyes on the form versus those of the live animal. The live deer's eyes are almost shoulder level while the form has them above the deers back. The form is just too "alert" in my opinion. But if your clients like them, what difference do our opinions matter anyway

8. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

Except when they ask for upright, straight...then their opinion sucks. lol

9. George

George The older I get, the better I was.

AMEN!!!!!!!

10. dhart

dhart Active Member

Don't like it's slim pecker nose! Used one, only once!

11. K1976g

K1976g New Member

I agree with the slim nose! Wouldn't be a good fit for this her deer.

Attached Files:

12. 3bears

3bears Well-Known Member

MN
    The slim nose isn't an issue, that isn't that hard to change, if your taxidermist has the ability. Your wife doesn't like the pose so don't do it. It's her deer let her pick. yes it is only a 6 pointer but it would look good on just about any form, depending on the person's ability that is doing the mount. Pick a pose that represents what she likes and trust the taxidermist to make it look the best they can. If you can't do that find another.

13. K1976g

K1976g New Member

Good advice 3 bears . She picked the mkinzie 8000 left turn

14. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

OH NO! Anything but that one, it's the worst.

Just kidding

15. Tom Maul

Tom Maul Active Member

LOL!.... been followin this

16. K1976g

K1976g New Member

Got me lol