1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

NTA website

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by snagmaster49, Jan 21, 2017.

1. John remember the trials and tribulations you and your wife had trying to get the NTA 990’s filed required by the IRS. Well after given the files of the past NTA Board and struggling with your Boards Accountant those 990’s have finally been filed two years later than required by law. You need to ask the NTA Board you sat on why the records were not shared. The currant NTA 990’s for 2015-2016 are complete and will be on the website sometime in February as required by law. And by the way my name is FRED.

Yea Fred, I remember and we found out Mitch had inadvertently given the much needed bank receipts in a box to Harry. Who by the way refused to give us copies that would allow the 990s for 2015 to be file. 2016 was your problem and I nor my spouse were involved in that.

The NTA also would have had the information from Killingsworth a lot sooner has YOU PAID THE BILL!

So put everything on the table and don't lie about it.

NTA needs to shut up or put up on the money , profit and loss statement on the PA convention, 990's you can post those here.

You whined like a little child and screamed transparency in Springdale and I personally had told you 100%. The Harry went off on the book keeper for killingsworth. two or three seconds from real trouble happening. Number one I dont care who you are, you never yell at a lady like he did, especially one who is not his wife.

Fred all people are asking for is transparency, can you simply not see that or is your mind so clouded with hate that is contrived others are out to get you?

Now by your standards and the so called bylaws, if a person has won the Award of excellence , your board must license them to use that.

I here by ask for all NTA Award of excellence winners that that licenses be grant in full to all past Award of Excellence winners.

I unlike you have tried to work for all taxidermist.

2. ANDY

ANDY Well-Known Member

Ohio
    I been following this circus for a couple years, but not a member. If I'm paying dues to this organization or any other and I have a question and its
    not answered or I get the run around they don't need to expect any dues from me the next year. Why is everything a big secret with this group?
    Some things don't need to be in the public, but if I'm a member and there using my money I ought to be able to get any question answered. My
    kids little league baseball league is run better.

3. TripleC

TripleC Member

Georgia
    Wow! When I joined this site to learn more about the art and the business of taxidermy, I never thought I would get experience the same drama as daytime tv. Honestly, from the comments from this post and ones from 2013 there should be some EMMYs given out. Parts of it read like the Sopronas of Taxidermy. As a new guy to all of this I was considering joining the org to start making connections and absorb some of the immeasurable knowledge that all of you possess. Now I am just glad that I found these posts before sending my money in. I guess for now I will stick with the local/state organizations.

NTA, I hope are able to you clean your image up. It might be a hard pill to swallow but perception is reality. Below are a couple of suggestions that may aid the organization.

Transparency says a lot. Why not post all your financials on a password controlled site for all members to see? Show every expenditure and every deposit. It may be a huge document but at least people will know. For me, I don't support of donate to organizations that claim to be not for profit but rake in money that they turn around and pay highly inflated salaries (2013 posts estimated 40% to the Crain's) instead of putting that money back into the organization. Wounded Warriors is another prime example. For all the good things they do, only a little over half the donations actually go to the disabled service members. The rest goes toward overhead and salaries. Irritates the crap out of me as an active duty service member. Just think how many could be helped if say another 20% actually went to the reason people actually donated to the organization. All of you are finding out on a microscopic level of why Washington is corrupt. Power and money, if not kept in check, creates corruption. But I digress...

With today's technologies, why not live stream all meetings for the members? What is the purpose of closed meetings for a non-profit organization?

4. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

I agree, it would help with the membership drive to know things are up and up.

5. Duckslayr

Duckslayr Active Member

6. Fred Vanderburgh

Fred Vanderburgh Member

John C
    Fred those miinutes were available a that Meeting as they were turned over to the former HQ manager before the STL meeting.

You are right in one respect you have done nothing. I wil not be at the WTC, I have other things going on. I believe in the minutes form the Baton Rouge there were other things discussed too in regards to JJ and a couple others using the NTA logo I think it was said that anyone who wishes to promote it could use that logo in irrevocable sourced.

As for the minutes again its not like you telling the former sec. to change this and change that certain things should not be in the minutes.

You of all people speaking of morals, jeez give us a break.

Funny how you voted me outed before the 990 for last year could be filed

No convention report and yes it is to be public, thats part of the 501-C-6 Still no report on anything else.

John there were no minutes at that meeting. Three NTA Directors were telling the others that you all voted at the previous NTA Board meeting to hand over a part of the NTA to them. Your wife emailed the minutes to the president and nothing of the such took place.
    The NTA Logo is protected through Trademark Law and the only way you can use it is as stated in the NTA Bylaws. This section of bylaw is not new it has been there long before this sitting NTA Board of Directors.

3 Bears
    Holly chit, I thought there was a post stating that the circus folks had called it quits but I guess it was just a name change. Everyone that claims to have the best interest of our industry at heart needs to put aside their personal issues and work together to better said industry. Stop the damn infighting it does nobody any fricken good and it makes everyone look like fools. You all don't have to like each other, that's asking too much of humans but, at least respect each other. The energy spent with this trivial BS could be spent actually making life better for those in this industry.

This is not the same NTA. The NTA has reorganized in the State of New York with a new Articles of Incorporation, a Licensed CPA, an attorney for counsel, as well as respect board. As far as I know only a very few taxidermists have personal issues with any one on this NTA Board and if it is personal they should have the good manners to handle that on a one by one basis, not on Taxi Net. I agree with you whole heartily we have better thing to do than be bothering with untruthful statements and made up ideas some think the NTA is required to operate under.

John C

Yea Fred, I remember and we found out Mitch had inadvertently given the much needed bank receipts in a box to Harry. Who by the way refused to give us copies that would allow the 990s for 2015 to be file. 2016 was your problem and I nor my spouse were involved in that.

The NTA also would have had the information from Killingsworth a lot sooner has YOU PAID THE BILL!

So put everything on the table and don't lie about it.

NTA needs to shut up or put up on the money , profit and loss statement on the PA convention, 990's you can post those here.

You whined like a little child and screamed transparency in Springdale and I personally had told you 100%. The Harry went off on the book keeper for killingsworth. two or three seconds from real trouble happening. Number one I dont care who you are, you never yell at a lady like he did, especially one who is not his wife.

Fred all people are asking for is transparency, can you simply not see that or is your mind so clouded with hate that is contrived others are out to get you?

Now by your standards and the so called bylaws, if a person has won the Award of excellence , your board must license them to use that.

I here by ask for all NTA Award of excellence winners that that licenses be grant in full to all past Award of Excellence winners.
    I unlike you have tried to work for all taxidermist.

Reply:
    John, Mitch never put anything in a box that would have stopped you from filing your 990’s. Under your administration, the NTA Board was in violation of IRS Law not filing IRS 990’s. Fiscal years of 2012-2013 incomplete, 2013-2014 never filed, 2014 -2015 never filed. We received a letter from the IRS that those years were not filed or incomplete and that the NTA had not followed the law in filing. If we didn’t file within a certain time frame they were going to dissolve the NTA as a Not for profit Organization. The NTA incurred a charge of over $1,500 in CPA bills to rectify the problem, not caused by the current NTA Board. In speaking of invoices not paid to the accounting firm of Porterfield & Company, in October of 2015 when this NTA Board commenced serving the taxidermy industry our President received bills that were two years in the rears for the sum of $1,500 for calls and meeting with Cindy Creager regarding missing Whitney Bank Statements, along with charges regarding a phone call with Tim Thacker about the 2013 990’s. Surly not on our watch. On top of all that you remember Rebecca Harrison, with Porterfield & Company, she balanced your check book and gave your wife a statement as needed for the mere sum of $600 a month. More unpaid invoices going back to Springdale were also assessed to this NTA Board two years in the rear.
    As far as the Award of Excellence or any other awards or product handed out by the NTA, the shear fact that the NTA gave that NTA Emblem to you confirms your right to display it.
    This NTA Board has worked tirelessly to have an accountable organization that adheres to the Not for Profit laws of the State of New York. You on the other hand have displayed your talents as the leader of the propaganda wing of the Taxidermy Opposition Party. This has lead you be voted off at least two taxidermy board. Too Bad.

Andy & Triple C

I been following this circus for a couple years, but not a member. If I'm paying dues to this organization or any other and I have a question and its
    not answered or I get the run around they don't need to expect any dues from me the next year. Why is everything a big secret with this group?
    Some things don't need to be in the public, but if I'm a member and there using my money I ought to be able to get any question answered. My
    kids little league baseball league is run better.

Andy and Triple C, you are the taxidermists that the NTA Board is concerned about. Getting your information about our organization from disgruntled recreational negative taxidermists will never give you the opportunity to grow in this industry, only wilt you to their level. Go to our website talk to our board members and make up your own mind on who we are and what we offer. Then you can see for yourself.

Jim Tucker
    http://www.unitedtaxidermyassociation.com/UTA-home.html

http://www.boone-crockett.org/pdf/FY16AnnualReport.pdf

https://www.safariclub.org/who-we-are/fiscal-statements

http://www.worldwildlife.org/about/financials

http://www.aspca.org/about-us/annual-report

Reply:
    Jim, what a great display of Great National Organizations. I took your advice and researched each ones Annual Reports. Everyone had listed their 990’s except for the UTA, which stated that they filed the 2015 990’s and also the 1099’s were sent out. The UTA is fully within the law in what they stated. All that is lawfully required by any Not for Profit is that if a member asks for, an Annual Report or 990, the organization has 30 day to respond. The NTA also has the right under law to charge for the copies and postage to respond to their request. With all that said the NTA will list within two weeks our 990’s on our website.
    Jim, I checked the Ohio Taxidermists Association website. The thing I found interesting was, with your keen eye for detail, and your criticism of others, I thought you would make sure that the Ohio Taxidermists website would have finances or yearly reports, might want to add them, just a thought.
    Anytime any taxidermists or anyone else wants FACTS NOT FICTION please call NTA Headquarters. Thanks for your time.

7. Fred they were handed over, what was done with those after than is not my problem but yours.

No the next funny thing is you saying gettign your information from disgruntled recreational taxidermist. Let me put that into perspective.

How many people in the NTA are recreational taxidermist? 90 percent I will bet. So now you said more or less that Recreational taxidermist dont count.

A ;arge art of the Porterfield bill is for Thacker calling and calling them. You know it ..

If you will check the minutes of the meetings, you know darn well I voiced to go ahead with a partial filing, and you know I also called for the NTA to have the IRS come in and do a audit to get things straight.

Yes I voted for the P/K worth firm and did all the board members at that time. Motion was made by Archie Phillips.

But the thing is the minutes and the financial statement were open to the whole public, not hidden like now.

So where is the $65,000. in lifetime member funds and how is it invested?

Remember the $65,000. you jumped my ass about in Gatlinberg, when I called for accountability and you got defensive and said Dont worry its there!!

I said Hell no I will not approve any financial report that is nothing more than the bank statement that is printed off. $65,000. was missing and is it still?

Those are the people that support the NTA.

8. Brian Reinertson

Brian Reinertson Well-Known Member

Iowa
    Always 3 sides to every story...

9. Fred Vanderburgh

Fred Vanderburgh Member

John C
    How many people in the NTA are recreational taxidermist? 90 percent I will bet. So now you said more or less that Recreational taxidermist dont count.

John I forgot what I was dealing with. There is two types of negativity, one is a chemical imbalance and can be treated with medicine, the other is recreational and there is no treatment for people that thrive on starting trouble. A recreational negative taxidermists is one who will make up stories to hurt another taxidermists. Not someone that is a part time or recreational taxidermist. My great grandfather always told me not to get in a pissing contest with a skunk.

10. Nothing but askign for the truth

Fred there is no treatment for those like yo who think you know it all. and live in a world of denial. You are making up things as you go, you refuse to accept many of your new ideas were worked over a couple years before.

I have ask for the truth you cannot tell the truth, you are always blaming problems on someone else, I as for the truth. You will not publish the truth, why? because does it show you and the current board incompetent?

Profit and loss statement from the last convention?? If money was made great if it was not why not?

How did mailing out 7000 membership applications work out? OH wait that too lost money.

Just caught you in another one Fred, you told me you were an orphan. I see why now.

The truth would have been easier for yo to tell you have tangled your lies so long you are believing what every you say, but you cannot keep your story straight. HAd you just stayed to hell out of the way, the NTA would have been on the road to recovery four years ago.

11. Here Fred, lets play a game.

You might be tipped off that you are feeling false emotions because: Your so called chemical imbalance.

1) These emotions have no identifiable cause. You blame me for your failure.

2) You just feel a low level of blues, hopelessness or anxiety. Again you blame me for your feelings. When in fact its your own feelings of being inadequate

3) You have been unsuccessful in resolving depression, anxiety, sadness, even with years of therapy. Horses did not work for you so pipe dreams of someone else being at fault.

4) You have problems sleeping through the night. The only reason I dont sleep is I have broken bones from defending the USA against all enemies. Sometimes its hard to adjust the position because of pain. I dont loose any sleep over the likes of you.

Maybe the NTA was better off with the Crains, you were coward to fire them. You turned tail and ran when they went after you.

12. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

OK, when I went to bed last night there was a post on this thread that has since been deleted. I believe it was by EA. I wish it was still up because it made some good points and I would have quoted it. Suffice it to say it made me think and I don't want to be lumped in with what they had to say.

It is easy to make comments on this site when the pot gets stirred. It can be like Taxidermy Facebook. I like to look at these threads as a group of guys talking in person. People that know me will tell you that I don't type anything I wouldn't say in person. I certainly don't have some crazy vendetta with the NTA.

However, this is not a conversation and what you post is permanent and does not allow for intent or explanation. To that end I have deleted most of what I had to say. The original poster wasn't asking for it anyhow.

While I may have personal issues and experience with some people on the NTA Board, there are several that I do not. While I may not agree with some of those people I don't think their actions come from a bad place, just a flawed one. If anyone cares to know my reasons you can message me.

So after reflection I will not be responding negatively to any NTA threads in the future unless personally called out. If you decide to join the NTA and go to the convention you will have a good time and most likely will not even be aware of any of these issues. Besides taxidermy shows and organizations are hanging by a thread and we need anyone we can get.

The final thing I will say(I hope) on the NTA is Good Luck.

13. Seriously John??

We as a board were not going to respond to any of the continued negative NTA bashing by the same handful of people that continually find it necessary to do so. But the false statements needed cleared up for people who are new to the industry that read all this crap and are trying to decide what organizations to join.

To those people my suggestion is to join all of them you can. Support the industry of your chosen profession, go to conventions, meet people and make positive connections, and continue to learn all you can to make your own business grow and flourish.

Everyone, Fred responded with the truth and legal facts. And the current NTA board is not going to continue this childish bickering over lies or past things that we had nothing to do with. But it does feel we have the right to respond with the truth when lies are posted.

I had just posted this when I saw Jims post. So I wanted to modify it and say Thank you Jim. That means a lot to me.

14. EA

EA Well-Known Member

I did delete my post Jim.
    I felt maybe I was in speaking out of turn.

15. jim tucker

jim tucker Active Member

In my case, if it was meant for me, I don't want to give the impression you alluded to. You have to learn from history. Sounds cryptic eh? :D

16. EA

EA Well-Known Member

:) I'm picking up what you're putting down.
    No, it was more of a general statement. Sometimes I run my gums and later think I'd do better to stay out of it.

17. Michelle you and Fred are good at telling them so keep on. I ask for truth and was kick out for asking. Geez y'all are just like the Crain's in that respect remember that!

18. PA

PA Well-Known Member

John - let it go. You sound almost like all the democrats complaining about Trump getting elected. You are doing much harm posting all these old issues. As Jim said "If you decide to join the NTA and go to the convention you will have a good time and most likely will not even be aware of any of these issues".

Every person involved in the NTA has made a few miss-steps. I know Michelle and Fred are trying the best to get everything on the right track. That sort of thing doesn't happen overnight. Organizing a competition and trying to maintain a professional organization takes a lot of time with very little appreciation from the peanut gallery here. The NTA is still the oldest continually run national organization of its' kind in the US, and if it comes within a days drive of where you live, I feel it is worth attending.

19. Of two national associations lomao.