1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Repo Musky Teeth

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by antlermike, Jan 22, 2017.

1. antlermike

antlermike Active Member

Dose anyone have a suggestion for making musky/northern teeth for blanks not had much success with the epo grip tooth mix was thinking of 5 min epoxie with a thickener any suggestion are appreciated

2. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

I make them out of Magic Sculpt or Apoxie Sculpt and set them on a garbage bag overnight to harden. The next day i drill holes into the mouth of the musky, push in freshly mixed Magic Sculpt or Apoxie Sculpt in the holes and put the teeth in and let set up.

3. Monty Artrip

Monty Artrip Active Member

I mix fiberglass resin and cabosil to get a mixture about the consistency of peanut butter. Take out a small amount and save the rest in a jar. Add a little hardener and have at it.

4. JE

JE Well-Known Member

I use both the plastic fork tines and cabosil mix on Pike (no muskie here) . The forks are great for longer teeth and the cabosil for shorter ones.
    John

5. I use both the fork tines and thickened resin when I am out of teeth. And by that I mean I mount several pike and musky each year and save some teeth from the actual fish. They always have some laying in the gum line so I'll take some from each fish I mount.

6. WLELTD

WLELTD Active Member

Just used some small shark teeth,they are very nice ,

7. Pikeonthefly

Pikeonthefly Active Member

I know this is going to sound like a joke and I understand. I have not tried it yet but thought I would give it a try the next time I need to make missing teeth for a northern. It happened to me just over the weekend when I put on a pair of jeans I hadn't worn for awhile. I had a piece of juicy fruit still in the wrapper and it dried out overtime. After wearing the pants for a while with keys in the pocket the gum became shattered and I spent the next few minutes pulling the shards out of the bottom corner of the pocket. When I placed them on the table they looked like a bunch of teeth. So I thought about taking a fresh piece of gum and cutting it into the shapes I need/letting them dry out for a few days and seeing how they hold up. I can tell you I did put a few of the pieces between my fingers and they didn't break and if they were sharper they probably would've punctured my skin. Sounds like a hack but it would be a clean process.

8. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

I would be concerned they would break down over time and even attract ants due to the sugar in them.

9. Pikeonthefly

Pikeonthefly Active Member

Your probably right. I didn't think of that. At least the mouth would smell good for awhile. :)

10. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

Yeah!

11. Fishermans Tale

Fishermans Tale Member

I include the upper vomerine teeth on my Pike blanks. Works for Muskie as well.
    I'll try to post photo.....

Attached Files:

12. FishArt

FishArt Well-Known Member

Dave, I've always wanted to ask you or some of the other distributors if you sold these upper palletes in various sizes? I think Starfish has these molded separately, but nobody selling if I'm not mistaken. I've molded some of my customer mounts upper teeth, but I don't do enough skin mount pike or muskie to really build much of a collection. I would love to buy a half dozen or so of these much like the tongues you can buy in the supply companies. Find one that fits and go!. Not many occasions when I could use them, but some for sure!

Hope all is well with you.

Please increase the number of pike blanks you offer!!!