1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

1st Red fox mount

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by Eglily56, Jan 24, 2017.

1. Eglily56

Eglily56 Member

Proud of this. Needs habitat touched up, but overly for the first I think it's a jwd. I love this hobby. Always room for improvement.

Attached Files:

2. mopsrdrawer67

mopsrdrawer67 Member

I think it looks great. The ears may be slightly uneven (it could just be the angle). If it was mine, I would take the fox off the habitat, trim the habitat backing panel so you won't see it behind him, then reassemble. Makes it look cleaner.

3. Eglily56

Eglily56 Member

Thank you. The habitat trim is on the list. I am also gonna add plant life i think.

4. mopsrdrawer67

mopsrdrawer67 Member

Something I do to almost all my habitat. I use artificial moss that I buy from Hobby Lobby (in the train aisle), and glue it to rocks, driftwood etc. It looks great, is very inexpensive, and customers love it.

5. Jeff Dufour

Jeff Dufour Thanks to all USA Veterans and all you have done!

USA
    i feel you should add some sort of grass or plant life but thats just my opinion but overall looks great

6. Rookie1971

Rookie1971 New Member

Congrats. Certainly more than I have done. Not sure this applies to taxidermy. When I have a drawing I like to look at it in reverse in mirror. For whatever reason it shows the flaws. I won't critique your work. Just having completed something is an accomplishment in itself. You didn't quit!!

7. KatieC

KatieC Active Member

Good job for a first! Get a jig saw and trim the extra panel off around the fox. You could add some plants or not, depending on what you like. Something with autumn oranges or browns might look nice with the color of the fox. Size of the habitat might be a little big for the fox.