1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Virus/malware popping up on this site

Discussion in 'Forum Operations' started by Sea Wolf, Jan 25, 2017.

1. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Well-Known Member

Seems to be affecting cell phones only as i do not see this with my PC. If it is any help, the URLs of the pages are us.h1csvdrj.pw and
    us.h1csvdrj.pw/ymaxmqmy/index.php?brand=Samsung&model=Galaxy%20S7%20Edge&ip174.192.9.220#b

There is also a page market://details?id=com.blue.battery&referrer=utm_source%3dappflood_topcleaner%26gokey_click_id%3dc4bb4172fe9119cdc3daf53103c3ddd201%26gokey_channel%3d9329_

Obviously IDs the phone brand and launches a specific, targeted page telling you you have a virus and must click on the page to get rid of it. You can not get out of the page and must shut down the whole browser and start over. I get this when bringing up the For Sale page and when clicking on the Show new replies to your posts link.

If anyone did click on these pop up pages on your phone you should now go through it and run a scan on your phone to remove any malware that installed on it when you did.

2. SongdogStudios

SongdogStudios Member

I get this occasionally also. I have an android and I can usually just press the universal "back arrow" at the bottom left corner of my screen and get rid of it. It also opens Google play and tries to make me download a virus removal app. Just keep clicking back to get rid of it. I miss the days when phones were too advanced and new for people to write viruses for.

3. Ken Edwards

Ken Edwards Taxidermy.Net Administrator Staff Member

There appeared to be some third-party malicious ad units on the site. Thank you for the information, which we used to identify the offenders. Since this malware only targeted Android users, I was unable to duplicate the problem with my iPhone. These ad servers have now been blocked and should no longer appear on the Taxidermy.Net. I apologize for the inconvenience.

4. This is happening on my desktop as well. The site forwards me to a Viasat survey.

5. mmwtdh

mmwtdh Member

I just had one pop up "spin the wheel to win $349 worth of prizes". Couldn't back out until I clicked on the box to say no.....

On my iPad.

6. KLFL

KLFL Active Member

I've been getting this too... I was about to reset my iPad.. Says something in a pop up then takes me to a site and won't let me press back or snything

7. Sea Wolf

Those of you that are still being targeted, see if you can email Ken at [email protected] See if you can spot the actual URLs connected to the popups and write them down like I did in my post above. If you can't see them in the bar on your screen on the iPad see if you can bring up a history and see it there. That is what I had to do on my phone and then copy the links by hand.

8. Skulltastic

Skulltastic Member

I just had this happen again on a android tablet. Was browsing for 10 min before it popped up. I could not get the url for the pop up window but the website it links to is this

http://us.ldhpnp42.pw/ymaxmqmy/index.php?brand=Samsung&model=Galaxy%20Tab%204%2010.1&ip=68.132.56.164#b

9. Sea Wolf

That link is different than the one that I picked out. Email Ken directly with that and let him know. Not sure if he checks back to this or not. After the 42. on the one you found, the link seems the same but the beginning of it is different and some parts are different after.