1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

dying fur/coloring ?

Discussion in 'Tanning' started by NancyJ, Jan 26, 2017.

1. I have a odd request from a client for a white, black bear, any dyes/colors /procedures out there to make this happen ?

2. I did a little experimenting with this earlier this summer. Start with a color phase bear...the lighter the better...blonde works best since you have the least distance to go. Whiten with peroxide hair bleach...might need to do more than once...drying throughly between applications. Try not to get the skin moist and definitely use a professional tan. You might have to add blueing to it if it turns brassy (you know the stuff they add to mature ladies white hair?). Definitely practice on some scraps if you have any available.

3. thanks for the reply,its helpful. Im consulting with a cosmologist and have purchased several different items along that line,and yes , ill start with a blond bear i have in stock. but the goal is Billie goat white,i think its a long shot......thx ,