1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

help ID bird heads

Discussion in 'Bird Taxidermy' started by etrex, Jan 28, 2017.

1. etrex

etrex New Member

I was going through some old supplies and found two artificial waterfowl heads with no markings as to specie, or manufacture..one is marked on top of the casting withe the number 70 and the other is marked 76. I have looked in all my catalogs and can not match those numbers to anything they could be..any help would be appreciated, and if I can I.D. them I will mark them accordingly for future use...thanks in advance.

2. AFTHUNT

AFTHUNT Well-Known Member

post picture of them, it might help.

3. Brian

Brian Active Member

X2

4. etrex

etrex New Member

I will try to figure out picture posting, in the meantime, both look to be of the same manufacture due to the numbers on top of skull, one is standard resin tanish white but the other is black..possibly might help to establish the brand..Thanks

5. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

VanDykes. Tony Finnazzo.

6. etrex

etrex New Member

the item numbers in vandykes tony F series would make them a greenwing female and a widgeon female, which they definitely are not..I am thinking the # 70 looks like it could be Harlequin. the other is similier but extends further back at the mouth opening, almost woodduck, but too thin at top where it meets the skin

7. WTRFWLN

WTRFWLN New Member

Not sure if you found them yet, but my catalog show # 70 as a Bufflehead drake and # 76 a Harli drake. Hope that helps?

8. etrex

etrex New Member

Thanks so much, That fits perfect.. I will mark them accordingly...again thanks for the help..brian

9. finazducks

finazducks EJ is not the only one to have two Wasco Awards

If they are mine a 70 is Drake Bufflehead and 76 is a Drake Harlequin