1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Pearl-ex green/yellow and blue/green powder

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Monty Artrip, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Monty Artrip

Monty Artrip Active Member

Hi folks, I wanted to pass along some info on availability of these colors. As most of you know they are becoming extinct and pretty much a must have for many fish. Anyway, I was recently sent some samples from Jacquard of the colors in a capsule form which seem to be the exact product as the bottles. Currently they have some of the green yellow in capsules and the blue green in 4 oz bottle. To order contact Joe at: 707-433-2234.

2. What is the reason there not being made anymore .

3. warthog

warthog Member of VVA and VFW

According to what I heard it was because it was becoming to expensive to make these colors. Now that is only the green/yellow and a copper color.

4. RTF

RTF Active Member

I would really like to know just how much more money. If thats the case jack the price up. What are we talking about? 25% 50% mark up? These are must have colors. They have been off the market for a while now and I have yet to hear from the fish experts on an alternative solution.

socalmountainman likes this.
  5. FishArt

FishArt Well-Known Member

"Must have"? I guess Fish Taxidermy will fall into the abyss once all the supply of this stuff is truly gone - lol! People covet things they cannot have. Quite frankly when I saw the post about this color going away a year or two ago I TOO wanted more! LOL. The funny thing is I had never even used this God-like powder before then and had to give it a try since it had been sitting amongst all my other powders for probably a decade. Well, maybe my fish suck because of it, but I have yet to use the tiny bottle of it since then either. BUT, I sure as hell don't want to sell it now because it is indeed a "must have" - lol!

Good for you Monty in sharing the information and not buying up the lot and then trying to make a quick buck off of it "for your time"... JMO ;)

6. warthog

warthog Member of VVA and VFW

When Jacquard told me that they had found a mess of the yellow/green buried in their warehouse and was selling it all out...I bought a 4oz. jar of it. I got enough that it will last me the rest of my life and then some. Covet...yes...your right. up to that point I was looking all over he country for a substitute...no dice. When I contacted her about another subject and she went on to tell me about it...I jumped all over it. Counting shipping and all I guess I paid close to 50.00 for it. Cecil...this color...when applied right...really makes your fish pop.

7. Brian W

Brian W Well-Known Member

Joe says they ARE bringing back the duo blue/green product but wont be available for about a month.....fyi. Thanks for the heads up Monty........

8. RTF

RTF Active Member

Well that sure is good news

9. jigginjim

jigginjim Active Member

wish it could be mixed with couple other pearl-ex colors just to come close.

10. bullman

bullman Member

Any news on the yellow/green or what colors would be very similar?

11. Frank E. Kotula

Frank E. Kotula master, judge, instructor

Artstuf.com
    You’ll have to buy a 1/4 ounce and find a fish head or two and break it up among yourselfs.

12. Richs Taxidermy

Richs Taxidermy Well-Known Member

Yes I didn't see that color there either

13. Bill Dishman

Bill Dishman Well-Known Member

When I found out last year that the duo yellow/green was becoming scarce, I managed to find a big jar of it, about a cup.
    Even if I did 500 fish a year I'd never put a dent in it.
    Talk about your impulse buyers....