1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

" Game Head of the Month " February 2017

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Steven Klee, Feb 1, 2017.

1. 2

Attached Files:

2. Awesome mount, what tanning method did you use? Are they harder to tan than Deer and smaller game?

3. 3 Days in relax- R Solution added acid to the mix 2nd day 3rd day more acid and stop rot then pickled and tanned with mckenzie tan. Used a mini flesher between each day in the relaxer solution to break it down. After tanning put back in relaxer solution for 6 hrs. Lots of work but it worked out. Have to get the hide thinned down to the hair for stretch pretty much. So it can be done just lots of work. Absolutely no epidermis or hair slippage. It was like a sheet of plywood when I got it.

4. Wow, sounds like alot of work.

5. KatieC

KatieC Active Member

[​IMG]

6. KatieC

KatieC Active Member

[​IMG]

7. Museum Man

Museum Man Well-Known Member

very nice, clean mount katie

8. Really nice mount. How do you do your lips? They look really good.

9. KatieC

KatieC Active Member

Thanks! I'm never happy with any of my work, lol. The lip I just fill with clay and do a little apoxie sculpt work to fix any shrinkage after it dries.

10. old guy

old guy Member

Good to see Awesome,,professional,,Taxidermy work,,very nice. You folks should be proud of your work,awesome.

11. old guy

old guy Member

Mason you set the Bar very high and it just continued,,Great job Guys and Gals,,I like it,,proud to be a taxidermist.

12. blklab

blklab Member

X2 on your mount Katie. Really nice

13. Mason

Mason Active Member

Thank you Old guy,

Always kinda reluctant, to show our work among such a crowd. Beautiful job everyone!

14. bow-cephus

bow-cephus New Member

Re: " Game Head of the Month " February 2017

This is my first attempt at any kind of ram. I learned a ton and will definitely do some things different next time. Still, I'm not completely disappointed with the turn out.

Attached Files:

15. Indiana whitetail on a Joe Coombs semi sneak

[​IMG]

16. Missouri whitetail on a McKenzie semi upright

[​IMG]

17. huntjosh

huntjosh Member

Utah

A couple nice pedestal mounts just finished. First time doing the red stag roaring. Glad Mckenzie made the new change out head.

Attached Files:

18. Duckslayr

Duckslayr Active Member

Josh, that elk is exceptional. The bighorn as well. Thanks for the inspiration!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. This is an Alaskan Brown Bear re-mount that I recently finished

Before
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Jason_U

Jason_U New Member

I enjoy checking out all of the incredible mounts in this post every month. Being self taught and only in my second year in the trade, I've been apprehensive to post any of my work. But, I really like how this guy turned out...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]