1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Shipping from US to Canada

Discussion in 'The Taxidermy Industry' started by sportinglife, Feb 9, 2017.

1. Has anybody found a way to ship taxidermy from the U.S. to Canada. FedEx doesn't do it and the trucking company I usually use told me they won't do it unless I get a export license.

2. Jerry Huffaker

Jerry Huffaker Well-Known Member

The shipper has to have an export license and it will have to go through a broker

3. RJ Simington

RJ Simington Active Member

I just sent a caribou mount to Alberta, WHAT A FRIGGIN HEADACHE !

I ship over a dozen shipments world wide & lately it has been like trying to pull your own teeth.

I used to use Hunter Int. THAT was a Wreck every time, Now Coppersmith is playing the same kinds of games.

I had to ship the caribou to LA From Fairbanks Alaska Just so they can export it back up to Canada.

Used to export out of Seattle but not any more.

I am going back to doing ALL of our Export paperwork & shipping quotes Myself. Never had one problem when we did it before.

As was said by Jerry YOU will have to have a USF&W IMPORT EXPORT permit, since No brokers have them.

OH ya just a word of heads up. The Brokers are going to charge DOUBLE for shipping . They All do & they will just say it is common practice.

This is why the brokers have started dealing with Hunters direct instead of the receiving taxidermist.

4. Thank You. I will pass on the info to my customers. I think if these turkeys were mine I'd just cut my loss at the deposit price and say lesson learned but if they want to pay that will be great. My guess is I'll be losing money on these though,