1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Abnormal Coyote with 5 feet

Discussion in 'Lifesize Mammals' started by mac55, Feb 12, 2017.

1. mac55

mac55 New Member

Hello everyone . First time posting here . I have been directed by a bunch of people to this forum today so i just registered. I am an avid coyote hunter , ive never sold a coyote , i always just gave them to my friends who skin and trap , i just enjoy the hunt and helping out the small game population . Anyways , i was out with my new thermal scope last night coyote hunting and i shot a female around one or two in the morning . I loaded her into my buggy in the dark and came back to the house . This morning i went out to look her over and got a shock . She has 5 feet ! of her front leg , is another short leg growing with another foot on it , with pads , a couple toes and nails and all . There are bones running into it with knuckles and everything . I have never seen anything like this in a coyote . After the suggestions of several people , i have scheduled it for xray pictures at the vet clinic tomorow for proof . As i said , i always gave my coyotes away and was getting ready to do the same when a nice lady told me that it may be worth a decent amount of money . and her and alot of other folks suggested i show it off on a few places and let it be known .So i have not listed it for sale yet , i dont want to until i have the xray pictures to post as well so i thought i would post here in this forum and see if any of you guys have came across this. I had a friend who has prepared animals for taxidermy and trapped his whole life come out , he made a short cut int he belly and gutted it and cleaned out the inside so it wouldnt rot he said and then we froze it .anyways , here are some pictures i took of it .

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. blklab

blklab Member

Interesting specimen ,,,,,,,,,Is your plan to mount the Yote? If so post pics when done..

3. That is crazy bizarre!!

4. phoenix-cry

phoenix-cry Active Member

Wow, this is an interesting yote! Please post pics of the x-rays!