1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Contract taxidermy work

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by shephard1993, Feb 12, 2017.

1. shephard1993

shephard1993 New Member

I am presently a part-time taxidermist and would like to become full time. At this time I don't personally have work load enough to be full time. I'm aware of many taxidermists being swamped with work, and not able to keep up. How would a person go about helping with some of that type work for a discounted price.

2. Pretty simple, call around to your local taxi's and ask if they want to farm some work out. Better have some examples to show them.

3. NaturallyWild

NaturallyWild New Member

From personal experience I would love to find someone to prep hides and sand forms. Might be a good foot in the door if you can show one of your local shop owners a hide you've prepped. I'd also have a price per cape in my head before talking to them!

4. I agree with naturally wild. I have a FT job and PT taxidermy so when I am able to work I want to be mounting something not hide and form prep, habitat construction, etc. Yet it is hard to find anyone willing, able, and trustable to do that type of work. Expect to be paid by the job and not by the hour as well. In the future you may be able to help each other out by specializing and be able to work fulltime and do PT taxidermy without getting burned out.