1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Are you thinking about sculpting??? Do you have questions??

Discussion in 'Training' started by Joey Arender, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Joey Arender

Joey Arender big mouth alert

I know this is not taxidermy but it is all about anatomy, so when my new friend Kristen asked if I knew anyone interested and to spread the word, I figured I'd post here. From the very beginning I was told to study anatomy for taxidermy And for 500$ you get to work with some world class sculptors. This will be a great opportunity for anyone interested in sculpting, and you'll be learning from some very talented women! I'd love very much to do this because in the world of mammals, cats really interest me.. as far as taxidermy is concerned. Don't miss out!

This is a copy from Kristen, her email is at the bottom if you have questions get in touch with her!

Jocelyn Russell and I will be doing a 5 day workshop here on beautiful San Juan Island around the end of May. Dates are still pending. Possibly can do first week of June or last two weeks in July.
    Subject will be big cats of your choice: tiger, lion, cougar etc. Armatures and clay provided. We will also have time to whale watch and discover the island. You will want to bring your cameras! Workshop fee is $500. Lodging and food separate. There is a grocery store and many accommodations here on the island. Although we plan to fix a meal or two here on the property...Jocelyn loves playing hostess!
    She will also be covering monument making, doing patina demos and studio tours. You won't want to miss this opportunity as she rarely does workshops.
    Her monument project for the Audubon Zoo in New Orleans is set for install in April. Around 20 life size animals including elephants and lions! If you'd like to make a reservation or have questions please email me.

Kristen Abramson
    [email protected]

Check out her monument project here: www.audubonsculptures.com