1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Best tip for any taxidermy beginners

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by mopsrdrawer67, Feb 16, 2017.

1. mopsrdrawer67

mopsrdrawer67 Member

I honestly think that the best investment that anyone can do that is beginning in taxidermy is to buy a subscription to the "Breakthrough' magazine. I am not a spokesman for them or anything, but when mine comes in the mail, I read it cover to cover. The info is invaluable and the reference pix are awesome.
    Also, if you have the opportunity, attend a taxidermy convention. You can watch seminars from the pro's and ask questions.

2. Tanglewood Taxidermy

Tanglewood Taxidermy Well-Known Member

Taxidermy Today is also a good.one.

3. joeym

joeym Old Murphey

Both are excellent publications and invaluable resource tools for everyone.

4. Best Tip For Beginners In Taxidermy

RUN , RUN ,
    as fast as you can in any direction away from taxidermy, Its addictive with no cure other than working on half rotten critters, always broke trying to mount another rotten critter to get a nickle, dealing with a inpatient guy that brought in the half rotten critter. Worst of all spending your free time on Taxinet listening to other addicts complaining about rotten critters.

RUN RUN RUN don't look back !
    ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

5. Edrevord

Edrevord Member

I just subscribed. Looking foward to reading it! Thanks

6. Try this one to, it is really good.

7. Brian

Brian Active Member

X2

8. Brian

Brian Active Member

Buckfever ain't that that damn truth.you summed it up perfectly brother.but sure is nice to make a buck working with nature and art.lol

9. MrsR

MrsR New Member

Yeah but all my life i've been obsessed with half rotten critters and now i have a legit reason to poke roadkill ;D

I would love the magazine and seminars, but can't afford :'( one day....