1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

winter cape

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by bob watkins, Feb 21, 2017.

1. bob watkins

bob watkins Member

i am doing a wall ped with sharp turn is there a good way to put in neck wrinkles on a long hair cape ??

2. dcooper

dcooper Member

Are you familiar with "elephant snot"? Do a search and you'll find several posts regarding this. Mix vermiculate with your hide paste and apply in the area where yu want your folds/creases. Works well and gives you a couple of days to adjust if needed.

3. livbucks

livbucks Well-Known Member

I cut grooves in the form and sanded them round. Looked fantastic on the form but with the skin on and tucked it didnt look as good as I had hoped. Looked nice but not exactly right if you know what I mean. I think the trick is to roll the skin with the snot paste as mentioned. Find good reference first as it can look overdone very easily.

4. bob watkins

bob watkins Member

thank you i will try the snort

5. Paul B

Paul B Active Member

On long haired deer the deep wrinkles wont show like a early season deer, they will look more like rolls and soft waves. Trying to over do them will just cause the hairs to stick up and look unnatural.