1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

KIND OF WANTED...WANTED EVERYONE TO KNOW

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by bob wendt, Feb 24, 2017.

1. bob wendt

bob wendt indiana, wyoming and kansas

WHY SOME BOBCATS ARE WORTH A LOT AND THE REST ARE WORTH $25. IT`S NOT FOR SALE, JUST THOUGHT IT WOULD BE EDUCATIONAL. IT SOLD FOR $982. TO THE FUR MARKET.

2. johnson66

johnson66 Member

[​IMG]

3. WOW, awesome bobcat. I didn't know they could be worth that much!! How long is it?

4. Rausch

Rausch Well-Known Member

That's a dandy Bob! Congrats. What did top cat go for this year?

5. bob wendt

I think it was $3,700.00, a few weeks ago at the nafa sale. just wanted folks to see the difference in western bobcats and the eastern and southern cats commonly listed on this site. like night and day difference. size, thickness and heft of fur, and color. the southern cats don`t even have fur, just short see thru course hair, thus little to no value on the fur market. cats this quality are available to taxidermists, but at value. that is not my cat, belonged to another trapper.

6. Rausch

Rausch Well-Known Member

Oh gotcha. That's quite a haul for one bobcat.

7. bob wendt

most western cats sell in the $350 avg range for the worst grunts to the best of the best, highs of $1,000 are common. anyone can google ( fill in the state) fur auction results and get an idea what cats from different areas of the country are worth. or mink or otter or red or grey fox or coyotes or any animal.

8. January

January Member

The fur market and taxidermy market are two different animals, what the fur market likes is uniformity, what the taxidermy market likes is beauty, ruggedness, maybe oddness....it's pretty subjective, and one is not necessarily governed by the other. take for example that cat pictured...awesome for the fur market, and because of it's size, a good taxidermy specimen, but a darker better spotted cat in my opinion would make a better taxi mount...so it's all pretty subjective.....beauty is in the eye of the beholder !

9. Very well put.