1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

Can't post pictures

Discussion in 'Forum Operations' started by Simms Creek Taxidermy, Feb 24, 2017.

1. I am not able to post pictures for some reason. I read the tutorial and when i hit the attachment option and get my photos picked out i hit post and it won't post. Does anybody know how to fix this?

2. Rausch

Rausch Well-Known Member

They have to be resized to post them directly to a post. If you have an iPhone you can email them to yourself and it give you the option to resize the file when you send it. This works but produces poor quality photos. The easiest way to get high resoultion photos on your post is to use Photobucket or another image hosting website. Photobucket is pretty simple to figure out on a smart phone. Just download the free app form your App Store and you can upload photos in no time.

3. Can i use photo bucket on a computer? Thanks for replying so fast.

4. Rausch

Rausch Well-Known Member

I'm sure that you can. Go to Photobucket.com and create an account. Then you can upload the pics you want to post. Once they're uploaded you can copy the link and paste it in the body part of your post. It will show up as a bunch of words and numbers in the draft but once you hit post it becomes the image.

5. Thanks so much for your help Rausch, I just posted some deer heads in the deer and gamehead catagory under "First deer head" Thanks again for all of your help.

6. Sorry, it's actually under "First deer mount"

7. Rausch

Rausch Well-Known Member

You're welcome. Glad I could help!

8. woakley144

woakley144 Active Member

Try using the site postimage.org. I sent a picture to it to see what it would look like on the forum.....

Pretty good site in my opinion.

Here's one that I uploaded...

[​IMG]

9. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

Imgur is a really good site too. You have the option of sizing your post picture in the following sizes:

Original · Small Square · Big Square · Small Thumbnail · Medium Thumbnail · Large Thumbnail · Huge Thumbnail

So far it's free. No ridiculous gouging like Photobucket recently initiated. And it's trouble free vs. Photobucket with all it's glitches along with the fact that the picture quality is better too.

Check out how nice this photo is:

[​IMG]

10. woakley144

woakley144 Active Member

Cecil,
    I think that postimage will do the same things, I just didn't mess with it before I uploaded the picture.

11. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

I'm sure you're right.

I wonder if Photobucket's CEO realizes he screwed up yet?

12. I don’t no how to put a picture on this site at all.

13. socalmountainman

socalmountainman Northwestern School of Taxidermy - Class of '73

Easy. Click on the "Upload a File" button, choose the picture, click "Full Image" and then click the "Post Reply" button.

turkey dvds.jpg

14. 13 point

13 point Well-Known Member

I explained that to him on his other post

15. joeym

joeym Old Murphey

6CDF9294-3581-4D82-8948-94BDBCAF66AD.jpeg
    30 seconds

16. ByGolly

ByGolly Well-Known Member

Wow this is a very educational thread. Thanks a million.