1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

The Week in Fish Pictures~ Week #43 July 27th 2007- Aug 2nd 2007

Discussion in 'Fish Taxidermy' started by Rick Krane, Jul 26, 2007.

1. WOW amazing steelhead!!

2. Taxi-lover

Taxi-lover Active Member

UFD,your fishes are absolutely AMAZING,week after week!!! What kind of eye's you use and do you paint them by yourself?

3. Taxidermy101

Taxidermy101 New Member

Dave that is a increadable steelhead! I love to see your work. You are so right this week is one of the best with every ones contributions.
    Tax

4. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

Wow what a bunch of nice fish! Hey is that a flex eye in Orthobor's bluegill Rick? If it is I guess it goes to show you can use them in competition. I've heard a lot of people pooh pooh them but I love 'em.

5. Taxidermy101

Taxidermy101 New Member

Cecil why start controversy on here. Why don't you post a picture and keep the smart ass remarks to your other BS posts. You start off saying something nice then you start with your Cecil BS.
    Tax101

6. Tremedous fish this week ! I think this has been one of the best group of fish posted !
    This week I have a West Slope Cutthroat. The Blank is from Dennis Arp..... 8)

7. Taxidermy101

Taxidermy101 New Member

Dondi that spotting around the spots on the back is so real looking how did you do that? Great fish!
    Tax 101

8. Tax 101,
    You can create a light halo around your spots with powders or the air brush, in an attempt to show more depth to your spots. Hopefully the spots will appear to be in the pigment of the skin.

9. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

Smart ass? I was asking a question. Who yanked your chain? You are the one that is out of line. And who are you anyway to tell me to post a picture? I post pics all the time.

I'm serious. Lots of competitors paint their own eyes or use glass eyes. I've heard lots of negative comments on the flex eyes in competition. If Mike Orthobor uses them they can't be that bad can they, as we all know his work is some of the best we will see? I use them exclusively and in competitons, and will continue to do so. Other than some walleye eyes going yellow on me after a few years I love 'em.

10. AnglingArtisan

AnglingArtisan Well-Known Member

Thanks Crankin!
    Jknuth... that is a sweet little Rainbow...it puts me in the mind of a Joe Tomelleri illustration.
    UFD...that steel is SCARY real
    Dondi...your new eye setting technique really adds a nice touch to your work.

11. What a true statement!!

The fish on this thread are absolutely awesome! The Stehlings put out some GREAT fish-- what an operation they have there! Congrats to Ken, Frank, Gary and the rest of the Taxi.net folks that entered (not just won) fish at the NTA show.

12. den007

den007 Active Member

Steel head skin mount.

13. Beehunter

Beehunter Active Member

Fantastic bunch of fish, you guys really impress me. I can't wait for this fall when I have a little more tiime to practice.

14. OK I know i posted this before but after looking at it the color was way to flat. so i took a few outside pics. they turned out more true.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Rick Krane

Rick Krane Fish Taxidermist/ Judge/ Sculptor/ Instructor

Hay Gang! What awesome fish this week for sure I'm with brother Dave SWEEEEEEEEEEET work this week! Did I catch a whiff of romperoom??? Tax , Cecil is a good guy and perhaps was just pocking a little fun with me as I perfer glass hand painted eyes over the flex eyes. Flex are in my opinion are fine for some folks but when you learn to paint your own there will be a nother fun option for you to work with. it is all in good fun so lets just keep it fun and every enjoy each others beautiful work!

Have a great weekend!!!!! Keep up the great work gang!

Your friend Rick

16. Experimentation...............paints, powders, and pencils.

17. Jimmy Lawrence

Jimmy Lawrence Well-Known Member

To quote my favorite character off of the show Everybody loves Raymond, HOLY CRAP!! Lol. What an amazing group of fish this week. Breathtaking. Keep up the good work.

18. bdahyrt

bdahyrt New Member

WOW! Great fish everyone, as usual! Here is my contribution, a 10" palomino replica.

19. Cecil

Cecil Well-Known Member

Thanks Rick. I know I can be controversial but I honestly try and keep that in Current Events. I truly was interested in how folks felt about the flex eyes Ortober used. I wan't knocking anyone.

20. nate

nate Active Member

excellent work this week!! i need to get something going!!