1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

finished shotgun shell

Discussion in 'Habitat and Exhibit' started by montana art, Jul 27, 2007.

1. montana art

montana art New Member

N.C.
    Going to try and post pictures without wife's help here goes.

2. montana art

montana art New Member

N.C.
    It only took me 30 min to post. Remember bottom half of duck was destroyed, so could not mount any higher up.

3. mjroberts

mjroberts gator season will be here soon

now that is cool how long did it take to make the shell and what did you use or can I buy one. Have you thought about putting a deer or somthing else in the shell just a idea

4. RoyalOaksRanch

RoyalOaksRanch Royal Oaks Taxidermy- When Quality Counts...

THAT is awesome!! DO you realize how many peopel would LOVE that as their mailbox?? Can you make rifle bullets too?

5. thats a really cool idea

6. Bagger99

Bagger99 New Member

I really like that, what was the process you used to make the shell?

7. montana art

montana art New Member

N.C.
    Thanks for the compliments! I made the shell from six inch stove pipe from Lowe's. the top I creased with pliers, after measuring circumference, and marking the right amount of pointsat equal spaces. The base is Lowe's #31804 six inch round cap small end, with just part of Lowe's #31814 seven inch round cap took apart. Which I used the ring from the seven inch cap to join the bevel section of the larger endcap to the smaller end cap. The Brass section was cut from Lowe's#51617 229 4 inch aluminum pipe that was brass color but, could not find Brass paint to match so painted whole thing with Hammered paint. Bottom of shell I stamped free hand with small flat screwdriver. Firing pin is a secret but will tell this week just for suspense.

8. thats cool

9. Barry

Barry New Member

OK enough already the suspense is killin me what's the secret on the firing pin!!!

10. KevinH

KevinH Active Member

the firing pin looks like a sink drainer with some kind of cap, (spray paint cap) or something on the inside.

11. R. Follis

R. Follis New Member

It looks like a butter dish. can you please let us in on it.

12. I think it looks like the bottom side of one of those copper colored dog food bowls. I could be way off though, ha ha!

Jason

13. Barry

Barry New Member

It's kinda like how many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop !

" WE MAY NEVER KNOW"
    LOL

14. fesekula

fesekula Active Member

Great Idea, I Love It!

15. montana art

montana art New Member

N.C.
    I would let you know if I knew----But I do not Know. I do not know because this is his wife. lol

I will tell him when he returns from the lake to kill the suspense.

16. Barry

Barry New Member

Your a wonderful Woman for helping with the suspense Thank You!

17. montana art

montana art New Member

N.C.
    O.k. Enough already, the firing pin was first a 3/4 inch pipe hanger from Lowe's, one end is a clamp that holds the pipe, the part you use is cut off its copper colored already. Then fit that into center of the base I used Liquid Nails silicone to hold it down. Next alittle red magic marker around top edge of a copper 3/4 inch pipe cap, had to trim off i/4 inch to make flush. then glue it down in center, a punch in the center of the cap before gluing to make the firing pin mark. that it. Thanks for the replies.

18. Barry

Barry New Member

Hell I would have went to my grave before I figured that out I was stuck on the plastic glass cut in half and inverted and painted copper Idea but that didn,t work Thanks Montana art

19. Talk about damn snappy. What innovative minds can do!
    My compliments on job well done!

Mac

20. EJ

EJ Proud Member of: Unaffiliated, Free Agent

I've been thinking about trying that with a 24 oz Bud Light can (Have Lots) and a squirrel.