1. Welcome to Taxidermy.net, Guest!
    We have put together a brief tutorial to help you with the site, click here to access it.

" Game Head of the Month " March 2017

Discussion in 'Deer and Gameheads' started by Steven Klee, Mar 1, 2017.

1. brianmrusher

brianmrusher Active Member

Thank You! Yeah, it is tough, but I just took my time. And thank you for the complement. I saw your mount too, great job!

2. Thanks for the complement, I wish I had a picture of one I finished last year, The ears were both slashed really bad. But they weren't slashed as long as yours is. I still can't believe how good yours looks! That cut looks to be atleast 2 inches long. I also wanted to know if you used the bondo method? That is the one I use for messed up ears.

3. Mason

Mason Active Member

I commend you for NOT fixing that ear! We do them the same way. We use liners for ours. Just cut them to fit. If the don't match up perfect. We use critter clay in them at the edges of the liners. You can smooth them in nice and the don't crack and move later

4. brianmrusher

Thanks for the complement, I wish I had a picture of one I finished last year, The ears were both slashed really bad. But they weren't slashed as long as yours is. I still can't believe how good yours looks! That cut looks to be atleast 2 inches long. I also wanted to know if you used the bondo method? That is the one I use for messed up ears.
    [/quote]

Simms, I used an earliner. I slid it into the ear, traced the cutout and refit, until I got what I wanted. I probably did the fit an trim 3 or 4 times until I liked what I saw. It was scabbed really bad, so the back didn't match up like I was hoping, but I took some apoxie sculpt, and smoothed it out. then I ruffed the edges by not making it smooth there. I painted the edges darker to give the appearance of scabbing as well.

5. brianmrusher

Thank you! I love the character they offer when they're like that. It takes some extra time, but I think it pays off in the end.

6. millardtaxi

millardtaxi JOHN 3:3

Re: " Game Head of the Month " March 2017

The buck I posted some were asking the score.....201 1/8 typical

7. minehill

minehill Member

Missouri buck mounted on a mears hooking/aggressive

Attached Files:

8. minehill

minehill Member

Southern Wyoming mulie

Attached Files:

9. Nice mount Minehill, I am located in missouri to, do you know where that whitetail was killed?

10. minehill

minehill Member

Southeast Missouri

11. Thats a pretty nice buck for that area, I like that pose.

12. minehill

minehill Member

It's about average for around here..lots of 170's and 180's every fall

13. Oh, I didn't know that, up here around springfield they range from 140-150, with a rare 160-180. (From my experience)

14. Here is a bear I did when I was 12. Not bad, but when I look at it now it looks pretty bad.

Attached Files:

• bear.jpg
      bear.jpg
      File size:
      74.5 KB
      Views:
  15. another

Attached Files:

16. huntjosh

huntjosh Member

Utah

A nice double Coues deer pedestal just finished.

Attached Files:

17. Utahtaxi

Utahtaxi New Member

Josh, your work never disappoints.

18. That mount is stunning!

19. Mason

Mason Active Member

Got him Finished up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. DylanBW

DylanBW New Member